What Kind Of Flowers Should I Make?

Decorating By cherrycakes Updated 20 Jul 2010 , 1:33pm by Win

cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 1:52am
post #1 of 8

I'm making this cake for an upcoming wedding (will be done in white fondant with purple swirls and flowers). Since the bride has chosen purple carnations for her flowers I should naturally make carnations, right? However, I am thinking a more open and larger flower would suit the cake better- so I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a flower that would look similar to a carnation but is larger and not quite as frilly? Thanks in advance!
LL

7 replies
Thanksharla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Thanksharla Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 2:38am
post #2 of 8

I don't have any suggestions on flowers. I just wanted to say how pretty the cake will look with white fondant and purple swirls.

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 3:29am
post #3 of 8
DeezTreatz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeezTreatz Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 3:48am
post #4 of 8

You could try doing mums... they are very pretty and I think larger.. you could use a large cutter for the mums, and it won't be frilly!

http://xoxodesigns.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/4654_85754534302_646484302_1739520_5790658_n1.jpg

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 3:49am
post #5 of 8

What does the bride want? If she is expecting carnations on her cake, give her what she expects. If she has given you free reign, you could go with peony, lisianthius, gardenia, or your own fantasy flower... just to name a few.

cherrycakes Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 3:51am
post #6 of 8

Okay...you're all starting to get me thinking...I'll look into mums as I think lilies may be just a bit too different - but that cake is beautiful yummy!

cherrycakes Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 3:57am
post #7 of 8

Win, the bride has given me free reign - I think she'd be happy with just a few real carns on the cake but I like a challenge icon_smile.gif I don't have time to order special cutters so I need to stay with what I have but I am in the process of creating a fantasy flower so I'll see how that looks after it has dried overnight. Thanks everyone!

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 1:33pm
post #8 of 8

thumbs_up.gif
Free reign is a definite plus. Looking forward to the outcome and which direction you decided to go!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%