I Need Some Help!!!

Decorating By amber5678 Updated 19 Jul 2010 , 10:53pm by eccl1-12

amber5678 Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 9:42pm
post #1 of 3

I was asked to do a cake for this Sat. but am going out of town on Thurs. Should I do cake and would it be ok to eat a 3 day old cake? I would bake and decotate cake on Wed. deliver on Thurs. and they would eat it on Sat. Any thoughts? Could it even be refrigerated from Thurs. to Sat. to keep it fresher longer? She needs to know by tomorrow. Thanks for helping!!!

2 replies
catlharper Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 10:49pm
post #2 of 3

Hi Amber,

Yup it will still be fresh. Once you seal a cake in either buttercream or fondant it helps to keep the air out and the cake moist. However, do not refridgerate as that can suck the moisture out. Hopefully they can store it in a place that is no hotter than 75 degrees at all times. Just put it into a cake box so it doesn't get messed up or dirty and it should be great!

Cat

eccl1-12 Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 10:53pm
post #3 of 3

I am pretty sure the cake would be ok to eat after that time, as long as it is not fresh berry filling or anything like that, and especially if it is covered with fondant, it will stay nice and moist. I don't know how decorations would hold up though. I would personally refrigerate it, but that is just me.

At the same time, you are going to be getting ready to go out of town- do you want to be making a cake while you are trying to pack etc.? Not to mention, you are then going to spend your trip worrying about the cake (at least I would). If it were me, I would avoid it if you can unless you really want to do it or unless she is desperate and understands that you can't guarantee that the quality will be as good as it would be if you were able to deliver Sat. HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%