"fabulous Cakes" Tv Show Tonight

Lounge By Katiebelle74 Updated 21 Jul 2010 , 3:19am by kansaslaura

Katiebelle74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katiebelle74 Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 8:45pm
post #1 of 9

I've got my dvr set and am curious to check out the new "fabulous cake" tv show airing tonight. Anyone ever heard of the bakery being featured? IDK maybe I live under a rock on the other side of the country but I do not think I've ever heard of them before... definitely did not recognize the faces in the quick promos on tv commercials.

8 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 9:03pm
post #2 of 9
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 9:06pm
post #3 of 9

And more about the Las Vegas bakeries on episode 1:
http://press.discovery.com/us/tlc/programs/fabulous-cakes/#

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 2:49am
post #4 of 9

I am watching it now and so far, I'm very much more impressed with the work done on this than I am in the new DC Cupcake and Bakery Bunch shows.

Vincent Pilon, the French guy, is a master chocolatier and has been on Food Network Challenge a few times. I am loving how he is demonstrating making chocolate flowers. Makes it look so easy...

There are soooo many new cake shows. I wonder when it will all die

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 2:54am
post #5 of 9

I'm flipping between this show and another show that I'm watching and I am lovin' this cake show. They really show technique. No cutesy made up funny situations. Just serious cakers doing a great job.

Katiebelle74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katiebelle74 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 3:34am
post #6 of 9

OMG I LOVE this cake show!!! FINALLY one that tells the PRICES!!! Hello! It's about time. I also LOVE that they pointed out they were using 20 layers of cake to make the 5 tier wedding cake. THANK YOU who ever is responsible for that!!!!

luvmysmoother Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvmysmoother Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 3:06pm
post #7 of 9

I loved how they said that the huge cake was $15K - holy smokesicon_smile.gif But it was totally worth it - 100X more work went into that cake than into a Birkin bag purse (no offence to Birkin purses - they are really pretty - just singling them out as an example) I also love Vincent - he's a perfectionist but not a jerkicon_smile.gif I saw him on various Food Network Challenges and his work is soooooo clean and perfecticon_smile.gif

Polarcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Polarcakes Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 3:08pm
post #8 of 9

We need more of this show and less of the new Cupcake drama.

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 3:19am
post #9 of 9

I LOVEEEEE this show!! No drama, screaming, dumping flour on heads, dogs, whining or bridezillas!!

That's what I've been looking for! Showing techniques, sharing pricing--wow! Real--Reality!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%