hello my favorite cakers! i have made a new website and i wanted yalls opinions on it. look at it tell me what you would add or change. thanks! www.cakemeaway.net
- The font on the flavors page is pretty small.
- THere is no pricing information whatsoever. Is that intentional? I know many people have told me they will click out of a site and move on to the next if there is no pricing info at all.
- Review your photos to make sure you have no copyright issues (i.e. Hello Kitty).
- Your home page cake is not your best work, meaning you have a 7 tier and a NINE tier wedding cake in your photos! Put your WOW factor right on the front page! Make it the photo that when they pop into your site, the first thing out of their mouth is, "OMG LOOK AT THAT CAKE!!"
- About Us page has some grammar issues:
"From the most elegant of wedding cakes to the most festive of celebrations. " is a sentence fragment. Change the period to a comma and combine it with the last sentence.
"We can make that special cake for you no matter what the occasion." I think this would sound better as "We can make that special cake for you for any occasion." (avoid using negatives in any kind of marketing text.)
On the pictures page...
- in the wedding section, elagant should be elegant
- add a period to the end of the paragraph (or break up the paragraph into two sentences.
- in the children's birthday section, add a period to the end of the sentence.
On your flavors page...
- I agree with Indy about the font... either it needs to be changed or made bigger. Maybe you could break your list down into a few categories (i.e. fruit/nut, specialty, standard, etc).
- need to be consistent with the capitalization
- #21 should be peanuts (vs penuts)
- #29 should be German (vs greman)
- #30 should be Rocky (vs rockie)
- #32 should be Italian (vs itallian)
On the reviews page....
- Should be an 'e' on the end of Shakespeare's name
HTH! You do beautiful work!
thank you both very much! i am going to go make some changes right now. thanks for catching my spelling errors i thought i had found all of them. thanks for all the suggestions!
You need to really review your flavors page. Many of your entries have spelling problems.
thanks i just went and fixed them.