Pricing Help

Decorating By sassy22 Updated 19 Jul 2010 , 8:19pm by Mindy1975

sassy22 Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 5:56pm
post #1 of 5

A friend from high school found a cake from Rosebud Cakes that he wants me to replicate. Any ideas on pricing. Looking to serve 70 people and also wants buttercream not fondant. Text on left page is going to be replaced by a piped image.

All opinions are appreciated! Thanks icon_smile.gif

4 replies
cakesdivine Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 6:45pm
post #2 of 5

The only fondant I see on here is the flowers and braided rope as the bookmark, I see cookies that are decorated as the characters and the tree but the book itself and the castle look to be all BC. The writing on this cake is a piped image so not sure what you are saying would be different than pictured.

And as far as pricing. Good luck. This will create a bit of a hot mess for you. Fellow CC'rs - Your comments on this pricing issue is all yours...LOL!

catlharper Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 6:54pm
post #3 of 5

Seriously good luck on this one...there is so much work for the details on this cake I'd have to charge a fortune to turn it out the same way. I'd have to be charging in the $10-$12 per slice range. Most people wouldn't even think of paying that much for a party cake.

indydebi Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 7:17pm
post #4 of 5

Seriously!! All of the floral work around the outer edge of the book would be at LEAST $125 just for that!

Mindy1975 Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 8:19pm
post #5 of 5

It looks like that book cake will not serve 70 people, so I would replicate all that you see there, but put the book cake on top of a sheet cake so that you will get some more servings out of it. That would be the first thing to consider. If you are fairly new, and you live in a rural area, then you are going to lean towards the low end of price, and honestly......I wouldn't even touch that cake for less than $500 simply because of all the floral work that needs to be done. That's the clincher of it, really.

Quote by @%username% on %date%