Rasberry Filling????

Decorating By AnotherCreation Updated 19 Jul 2010 , 5:49pm by indydebi

AnotherCreation Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 4:44pm
post #1 of 7

I was wondering if anyone knew if I could make a rasberry filling that would not require refrigeration? I am doing a cake that will be outside and am worried about the filling spoiling? Thanks in advance for any help!!

6 replies
Bskinne Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 4:48pm
post #2 of 7

I think the sugar levels keep most (dairy free) fillings from spoiling...I make strawberry filling with butter, sugar and fresh strawberry puree and have never had a problem with leaving it out.

tesso Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 4:52pm
post #3 of 7

raspberry preserves or jam mixed with your buttercream, I would use a crisco or sweetex base icing. Due to heat in NC, i would want it to be a firm crusting icing.

BeanCountingBaker Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 4:54pm
post #4 of 7

There's a good recipe posted by Malisa for Rasberry Puree made with fozen rasberries and cornstarch. It is excellent and keeps nicely. I skip the liquer in the recipe and it turns out great every time. It firms up and makes a sturdy and delicious cake filling.

AnotherCreation Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 5:08pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks for the ideas. Tesso , I'm in SC so i'm sure the heat will be awful. The cake is for August 7th. If August is worse than July like it usually, is I'm sure I will have to skip the butter in the b/c.

floral1210 Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 5:12pm
post #6 of 7

I love the Easy Raspberry filling posted on this site. Simple, fast, and always gets rave reviews. Raspberry jam and raspberry gelatin...doesn't get much easier, or less "spoilable".

indydebi Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 5:49pm
post #7 of 7

are you totally set on making it or are you ok with using the sleeved fillings that are designed to go in cakes and require NO refrigeration?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%