How To Cover Rkt In Fondant

Decorating By SugarKissesCakery Updated 20 Jul 2010 , 12:09am by tmt578

SugarKissesCakery Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 3:27pm
post #1 of 3

How do you cover rice crispie treats in fondant? I will be making a small 3-D barn for the top of a farm cake and want to make it out of rice crispie treats. The fondant will be in strips to give it a wood grain effect.

2 replies
rachpizano Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 3:34pm
post #2 of 3

hi lisa, to cover a rice crispy treat piece you are going to first have to cover the treats in butter cream or something else. we use white chocolate or that Bark stuff you can get in the candy isle at the grocery store. Heat up the chocolate and smooth it on with a spoon. Get it as even as possible and let it cool. Once its hard use can rub the piece smooth. The heat from your hands milts the chocolate slightly and it helps smooth it out. We like to use chocolate because it adds stability and you can get it smooth. To add the fondant put a very thin layer of Butter cream or piping get on. I'm sure there are other ways to go it but this way works great for us!

tmt578 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 12:09am
post #3 of 3

Thank you also for the great instruction! I have to make fish heads and tails for a Basket of Bread and Fish Cake that I will be doing in 2 wks. I'm kinda nervous, but with this instruction I'm rather excited! My question is would we first mold the RKT in the best shape we could get before doing the Chocolate coating? Also, should we smoosh the rice krispies to get it a really tight molding?

Quote by @%username% on %date%