Vacation Bible School Cupcakes

Decorating By egold Updated 19 Jul 2010 , 9:52pm by wethreec

egold Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 3:23pm
post #1 of 4

We are doing the them Saddle Ridge Ranch--cowboys, horses, etc. I've been asked to bring cupcakes and would like ideas for decorations. They weren't very many on the site. Please help--I need to do them by Wednesday. Thanks in advance

3 replies
Lorraine25 Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 3:35pm
post #2 of 4

how many cupcakes you have to bake? if is more than 24 I suggest you pick 3 to 4 top design. since is a ranch theme use a rope, sheriff star, a horse shoe, and an animal that is best and easy for you to make and place them on top of cupcake kids wow to everything they have not seen before and they will smash it immediately LOL I made cupcakes for my kids for school work hard to make them beautiful and they where thrown almost comepletely (some of them) because one dont like that color other dont like cake or icing but just wanted to have one anyways icon_cry.gif good luck! God bless icon_wink.gif

didivella Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 3:52pm
post #3 of 4

Why not do a cupcake cake instead of individual cupcakes? Do a frozen buttercream transfer of the logo for Saddle Ridge Ranch or some of the free clip art provided on their website. A few years ago our church did the Pirates that Don't do Anything and I just put the logo on the cupcake cake and it went over great!! Best of luck!!

wethreec Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 9:52pm
post #4 of 4

Don't know if you have the Cricut cake or not. (I wish I did) But there is a cartridge called Old West, that we used to cut out a lot of things for decoration in our VBS. We just finished up and did Saddle Ridge Ranch as well.
But, if you have that cartridge and the Cricut cake there are a lot of cute things that you could cut of of fondant from that cartridge and place on top, such as saddle, longhorn, boot etc.

If that's not a possibility then maybe is you just have a star cookie cutter or even a boot cookie cutter and could cut them out of fondant or gum paste and let them dry and stand them up on top.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%