Help!!! Princess Castle Cake

Decorating By linda2006 Updated 24 Aug 2010 , 3:02am by auntiecake

linda2006 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linda2006 Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 4:05am
post #1 of 6

I bought this castle cake set from wilton but I really need help. How do you make the peaks for the top of the turrets. I have the patterns but it doesn't say what to do with them. Do I use cardboard or fondant. The instructions are pretty vague. HELP PLEASE!!!!

5 replies
auntiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntiecake Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 4:26am
post #2 of 6

The patterns are for cutting fondant to cover the cones for the turrets if you want fondant. I just used piping or frosting and covered the cones and dipped in colored sugar. It worked great! Then I put fondant ribbon roses at the top of the turrets. Be sure to use the supports and choc to secure the towers so you will be able to move it. If you want to use thie front piece above the door you will need a 10" and 6" cakes. Otherwise there isn't enough room for it. Any other questions let me know. Good Luck on your castle.

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 4:45am
post #3 of 6

ive made a few castle cakes and covered the top with either fondant or colored sugar. i have the wilton castle cake set and dont remember using a patteren. i just cut fondant and attached to the turrets.
hoped this helps not really sure i understand your question.
good luck !!

linda2006 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 4:54am
post #4 of 6

Thanx Aunticake and Aundrea...now I understand...good luck to me hope it turn out okay..yikes!!!

linda2006 Posted 24 Aug 2010 , 1:10am
post #5 of 6

thanx guys for your help and tips...my very 1st princess castle cake turn out perfect...the customer love it...she had tears in her eyes...its very special for her cuz her lil girl just turning 1....so thanx ladies for your tips

auntiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntiecake Posted 24 Aug 2010 , 3:02am
post #6 of 6

I'm glad it worked out for you! It is such a good feeling when the customer loves their cake. That is the best part about it to me. The
wilton castle cake is pretty impressive.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%