MikeRowesHunny Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 9:59am
post #31 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseak

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagenthatnj

I think Maisie Fantaisie (in the UK) works with a lot of ribbons in her wedding cakes. They all look satiny. Take a look: http://www.maisiefantaisie.co.uk/wedding-cakes.html

OH MY GOD! I just checked out her website and her cakes are Gorgeous!! Never even heard of her before...

wow those are great cakes. Her serving sizes are interesting though. Based on the 10" square (she says it serves 80 ..... wilton's chart shows 50), these pieces are 1.1" x 1.1" x 4. (4.84 cubic inches compared to wilton's 8 cubic inches). Wonder if that's considered small or normal in the UK?

She shows a 6/8/10 square cake serves 155 ..... wilton's chart is 100.

Traditional servings in the UK/Australia etc are 'finger/coffee' portions and are 1x1xheight of cake (often only 3ish inches), especially for rich cakes such as fruit & mud cakes. If the cake is going to be served as dessert, then often a 1x2xheight of cake will be served instead. We tend not to supersize everything in the rest of the world icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 2:41pm
post #32 of 32

Aren't they beautiful? I had never heard of her either but last year, at Barnes & Noble, I opened her Sweet and Simple Party Cakes book and fell in love with her Wedding Ruffles cake that she has on the first row on the right of her "archived wedding cakes" on her website. Never mind the fact that I'm never going to make it...I think I have an addiction to cake books...cookbooks...anything gorgeous. I think she's a good teacher and that her cakes are beautiful because they're simple.

I would need two or three servings of cake with their measurements...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%