My First "extreme" Cake

Decorating By cakesdivine Updated 19 Jul 2010 , 1:32pm by cakesdivine

cakesdivine Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 2:32am
post #1 of 4

Well it was done ahead of schedule and delivered this morning. Whew! icon_biggrin.gif

It is the windmill cake in my gallery. The windmill spun and the client was so excited. She said it was more amazing than she imagined! So very happy! This was a very important client as she and her family are very big and active in our small community. The guest of honor was her MIL who was retiring from our local phone company(GVTC) as VP. Needless to say they are in the upper crust of the social set here in Canyon Lake, and she is ordering for a bridal shower, and 2 weddings coming soon! She made sure I left her lots of cards since the party was going to have alot of very important people in our community there in attendance. The client really loves my cakes! She sought me out after having one of my cakes at a friend's birthday party. Wish I could clone her and have her as all my clients...LOL!

3 replies
gscout73 Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 2:46am
post #2 of 4

Very nice Job, Congrats!

mamawrobin Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 3:20am
post #3 of 4

Very cool cake. Good for you landing this one as a client. Sounds like she is going to be good for your business. thumbs_up.gif

cakesdivine Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 1:32pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks mamawrobin! I am hoping as much since this year has been feast or famin and there have been more famin times than feast times. That is partly due however to me focusing more on my dance studio this year than the cake biz, but now that the studio is off the ground I turned the management of it over to my fiance'. Now I only teach there in the evenings so I have more time to devote to my cake biz. In a feast time right now and hoping it lasts for the rest of the year and well into 2011!

Quote by @%username% on %date%