Cup Cake Corer / Hole Cutter

Decorating By vickster Updated 19 Jul 2010 , 8:40pm by DianeLM

vickster Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 2:24am
post #1 of 7

I saw on a recent episode of Cupcake Wars, one contestant was cutting the center out of cupcakes with something that looked like an apple corer in order to put fillling in it. I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I might purchase one. I've been using the wilton tip that you plunge in and squirt, but I'd like to give this a try. I find the Wilton gizmo makes it really hard to judge the amount you're putting in.

6 replies
fsinger84 Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 2:57am
post #2 of 7

Just google apple corer. They may sell them at Bed Bath & Beyond.

leafO Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 4:42am
post #3 of 7

I don't know if you have one near you but I got one at ikea recently for $2.

crumbcake Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 4:54am
post #4 of 7

Any kitchen supply store has them, I have one and it works great for filling cupcakes

vickster Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 8:06pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks. About 400 miles to the nearest IKEA but Bed And Bath down in Little Rock. I'll give them a try. thanks.

PattyT Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 8:25pm
post #6 of 7

I improvised and used a big giant French Star tip I already had.

Slowly spin the "teeth" down into the center of the cuppy. Tilt a a bit to break it off and hold the little core of cake with your finger when you pull the tip out. It makes a nice little hole.

DianeLM Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 8:40pm
post #7 of 7

I've used bubble tea straws and hidden pillars, depending on the size of the cupcake. Push in, twist, pull out, use a thinner implement to push the cake out of the straw. Repeat. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%