Filling Help

Decorating By iris219 Updated 19 Oct 2010 , 11:21pm by Apti

iris219 Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 12:19am
post #1 of 17

Someone asked for a chocolate cake but does not want vanilla filling so I don't know what would go great with chocolate cake. Can you give me some suggestions?

16 replies
JulieMN Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 12:31am
post #2 of 17

Chocolate
Mint
Oreo
Whte chocolate truffle
Strawberry
Orange
Raspberry
Lemon......

so many, many more....

JulieMN Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 12:39am
post #3 of 17

Carmel
cherry
butterscotch
Coconut

In our house, chocolate is considered a separate food group and goes with most everything!

Cindy619 Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 12:46am
post #4 of 17

I think the question should be "What doesn't go with chocolate?" lol.

I immediately think chocolate buttercream, peanut butter, oreo and raspberry.

Apti Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 1:01am
post #5 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

meharding , I found this down in the ethnic aisle at the local grocery.
Looks like the same 'stuff' and is made by Nestles, so it should be everywhere.
Much thicker than the Smucker Ice Cream Topping, you can pour that.
(Not my picture, found on the 'net.)

Good grief, learning how to do these forums and computer stuff is harder than the cakes!!!!!!! Can you tell I'm frustrated.... Anyway, if it comes out, the "quote" above should show about a product called: Nestle La Lechera Dulce de Leche, 14.1 oz.

I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds wonderful!

BRATTYR Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 1:15am
post #6 of 17

what is it? topping, icing, filling? looks pretty good but thick!! lol like a chocolate condenced milk!!

Apti Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 4:59am
post #7 of 17

It is a caramel filling. Other posts said it works great because it is sooo thick and yummy!
I live in San Diego County with a lot of Latino grocery stores where you can buy all sorts of wonderful things to eat!!

I'm very concerned about buying it because I have a feeling I will put a huge amount of it on a spoon and then the spoon will fall into my mouth instead of onto the cake...

jerseygirlNga Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 5:18am
post #8 of 17

The most requested in my circle of friends/family:

Chocolate Cake, Raspberry Cream Cheese Filling. I also make a simple syrup with raspberry and just make a indydeb's buttercream with a hint of Lorann's Raspberry Flavoring.

All4Show Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 5:19am
post #9 of 17

Yeah, I HATE it when that happens.

Bunsen Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 5:33am
post #10 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apti

Quote:

Good grief, learning how to do these forums and computer stuff is harder than the cakes!!!!!!! Can you tell I'm frustrated.... Anyway, if it comes out, the "quote" above should show about a product called: Nestle La Lechera Dulce de Leche, 14.1 oz.

Love this stuff (It's called Top n fill here in Australia) - it's basically what you get if you boil a can of condensed milk for hours.

It's great mixed with white chocolate ganache - makes caramel ganache that you can use as filling or under fondant.

Also mix with whipped cream as a topping for apple pie...

Or eat it straight off the spoon!

iris219 Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 1:21pm
post #11 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apti

Quote:

This is what was requested for the yellow cake and they don't want the same thing for the Chocolate cake. I was thinking about a cream cheese filling but they don't want to put the cake in the Frig, they want to leave it out. It's a 2 tier cake bottom tier yellow cake, top tier chocolate. They were being very picky and make it clear they didn't want the cake to be put in the Frig. So I just drew a blank with flavor fillings.

reginaherrin Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 1:42pm
post #12 of 17

I usually always use a chocolate mousse. It tastes wonderfull and makes a chocolate cake even better. I also do a raspberry truffle flavor which is chocolate cake with fudge filling with raspberry puree which is a chocolate lovers dream, it tastes sooooooo good.

iris219 Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 2:00pm
post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginaherrin

I usually always use a chocolate mousse. It tastes wonderfull and makes a chocolate cake even better. I also do a raspberry truffle flavor which is chocolate cake with fudge filling with raspberry puree which is a chocolate lovers dream, it tastes sooooooo good.

This sounds good, I'll have to give the "father" who wants the chocolate cake these flavor filling to see what he thinks. Is this raspberry puree filling on this forum?

reginaherrin Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 2:05pm
post #14 of 17

No the raspberry puree filling is not on this forum, it is something I can up myself (with a little help from the internet and other recipes). But I have to say it is very rich and very moist. I made it for my family and we were on a chocolate high for hours.

iris219 Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 2:39pm
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginaherrin

we were on a chocolate high for hours.

lol, love it, I would be too. I just love Chocolate, but my daughter can't stand it. I tell her that she can't be my daughter.....if she doesn't like chocolate, lol

graciesj Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 12:49pm
post #16 of 17

I would fill it with raspberry then chocolate mouse.yummyicon_smile.gif

Apti Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 11:21pm
post #17 of 17

7yrrt, Thank you for original post telling us about Dulce de Leche caramel! Just found La Lechera Dulce de Leche and it is gooooo--ooooo-----oooood!
First bought the La Lechera and was disappointed it didn't look like the picture, then noticed it wasn't the Dulce de Leche kind, it was just sweetened condensed milk.

So today I went on a search and found it in the 2nd Mexican specialities store for $2.50 a can. Bought all 12 cans after reading the reviews. Used it as filling for a sour cream/ pudding chocolate cake with BC icing for a neighbor's welcome cake. Taste, spreadability, consistency are all great for cake.

Sabor es muy bueno!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%