Couple Of Different Recipe Questions

Baking By KTB4 Updated 18 Jul 2010 , 6:50pm by KTB4

KTB4 Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 6:45pm
post #1 of 2

Please bear with me ladies and gents as I have a few totally unrelated recipe questions icon_smile.gif

1. Can you add both pudding and jello to a cake mix? I always add pudding but have found a recipe I want to try that calls for lime jello. Will it screw up the texture do you think if I add both? I'm goign to try the recipe regardless but figured I'd see if anyone else has been where I am icon_biggrin.gif

2. A friend has asked me to make her wedding cake and wants a strawberry chocolate marble tier. I can make both flavours but am afraid that the rich dark chocolate I use will over power the strawberry both in flavour and colour. Thoughts? (yes I am going to try before the wedding)

3. Does carrot cake freeze well? I have to decorate a cake for a Wednesday birthday but need to do it Monday since I am away Tues/Wed. I want to bake tonight (SUnday) though since tomorow my day is packed. However I don't want to bake this far before they'll eat it.

TIA icon_biggrin.gif

1 reply
KTB4 Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 6:50pm
post #2 of 2

Forgot one icon_biggrin.gif

4. Oil in a recipe. Does more oil make the recipe lighter/more tender in crumb? I've read some people cut the amount of oil down to make the cake more dense. Again, a couple of recipes I have call for 1 full cup of oil (which just seems like a lot) and I find the cakes are very delicate. Can I cut that back a little without screwing too much up?

I am FULL of questions I know icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%