Run-In Sugar Decorating Method

Decorating By just_learnin Updated 19 Jul 2010 , 10:23pm by just_learnin

just_learnin Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 5:44am
post #1 of 9

I have been browsing through some cake pictures and noticed that a lot are done with the run-in sugar method, I am just hoping that someone could explain to me this method and give me some pointers on how to do it, as I would love to try it myself. I am quite new to cake decorating and am always looking for new ideas and things to try....any pointers would help or links to pages that can help me would be great too.
Thank you

8 replies
sweettreat101 Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 9:17am
post #2 of 9

If you are talking about the glaze method the best person to ask is Kathy Finholt. You can get her email from her website

Lee15 Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 5:47pm
post #3 of 9

Run-in method is also commonly called color flow. You can use royal icing and outline your design. Then thin the icing a bit with water and flood the piece. Hope this helps.

joelma Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 6:07pm
post #4 of 9

Hi, I will recommend the DVD "Sheet Cake Secrets" from Sharon Zambito. She teaches four image transfer techniques! She goes beyond the basics! I have learn a lot. Her website is:

Good Luck,

7yyrt Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 6:22pm
post #6 of 9
sweettreat101 Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 7:09pm
post #7 of 9

The glaze method is done the same way as color flow but does not dry hard. I will crust over and can be painted using an artist brush.

Bskinne Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 7:23pm
post #8 of 9

Color flow is one of my favorite ways to decorate! It's so easy to take almost anything and create an exact replica! It's super easy to learn, so have fun!

just_learnin Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 10:23pm
post #9 of 9

Thank you all so much for the help, I can not wait to try this!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%