The Cake Is Done! Delivered, And Eaten !! Here's Pic

Decorating By tesso Updated 19 Jul 2010 , 1:29am by Melvira

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 12:42am
post #1 of 16

Thanks to everyone who helped me out, while making the hand. And to those who bared with me during the MMF fiasco.

The tye-dye didnt work, but I will try it again sometime soon. I ended up doing three solid tiers and the MMF wrinkled on me. but I promised a pic and here it is. Niece loved it, but it was disappointing to not be able to produce the tye-dye effect.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1743646

15 replies
msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 12:50am
post #2 of 16

You did a Wonderful job! I love the hand icon_smile.gif

HobbyCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HobbyCaker Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 12:55am
post #3 of 16

Awesome job! I was just thinking about this "hand" yesterday and wondering when the cake was for. It turned out great! I still laugh to myself about the finger thing! Peace!

ChRiStY_71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChRiStY_71 Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 1:03am
post #4 of 16

Totally awesome! Love the detail on the hand...two thumbs up! How did you paint your wires?

tesso Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 1:51am
post #5 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyCaker

Awesome job! I was just thinking about this "hand" yesterday and wondering when the cake was for. It turned out great! I still laugh to myself about the finger thing! Peace!

oh yah.. niece got to doc the hand. I will soon have pics, I'll send you one so you can see it giving the california wave. It was so funny.

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 1:59am
post #6 of 16

Great job on the peace sign!

nana_marta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nana_marta Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 2:04am
post #7 of 16

FANTASTIC!!!!!!! icon_eek.gif

kger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kger Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 2:06am
post #8 of 16

Way cool. How did you get the cake colors to mix like that? And how did you do your cakeboard?

cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 2:07am
post #9 of 16

It's a great and colorful cake and I love the hand. You should do a picture tutorial of how you did it.

evelyn

tesso Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 2:19am
post #10 of 16

thanks everyone,

the cake board is outrageously priced wrapping paper from hobby lobby. But I couldnt pass it up it matched too perfectly.

here is a link on how to do the rainbow effect in the cake. http://www.omnomicon.com/rainbowcake

a tutuorial?? icon_eek.gif that would mean I would have to make it again !!! (we need a screaming emoticon). You should see the post on figurnig out the problems of making that hand !! icon_lol.gif

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 5:07pm
post #11 of 16

For a cake that gave you such troubles.....it is beautiful and so fun!

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 5:25pm
post #12 of 16

Cute cake thumbs_up.gif I'd have never guessed that ya had so much trouble with it.

destineysway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
destineysway Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 5:32pm
post #13 of 16

WOW! i read ur post about the problems u were having while u were making it all i can say is u did a terrific job!!!

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 5:39pm
post #14 of 16

I was there when you were making the hand, and I SO felt your pain! But as a child of the 60's (FLOWER POWER, y'all!!!), I just love the results!

CrumblesConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CrumblesConfections Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 7:11pm
post #15 of 16

Ooh! I like I like! It looks great. In the end, the hard work and frustration is always worth it!

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 1:29am
post #16 of 16

tesso, I'm totally stoked with how it turned out!! I love it. And I just love how you did the nails, it looks fantastic! I think I'll have to get you to give ME a manicure like that! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%