Warning!!!! Cell Phones Are Detrimental To Cake Baking!!!!

Decorating By AnotherCreation Updated 20 Jul 2010 , 10:54am by Occther

AnotherCreation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnotherCreation Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 7:55pm
post #1 of 9

So I was making a huge batch of batter. Enough for two of each 6, 9, 12. I got the first batch in the oven and everything was looking ok. I went to take them out and sank....all of them. I've never had this happen before , so as I stood there scratching my head I looked at the carton of eggs on the table. It wasn't empty. My mom had called my cell while I was mixing up the batter and I had only put 3 eggs in the batter when it should have been all twelve icon_redface.gif Moral....Cell phones are detrimental to baking...time, ingredients, ect uuggghh!!!

8 replies
Aeropanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aeropanda Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 8:17pm
post #2 of 9

You are not alone in this belief! My mother called while I was mixing batter for a chocolate cake, and I realized after I had poured the batter into the pans that I had left out the vanilla! While we are so used to multi-tasking, the cell phones can be a big distraction. Sorry this happened to you!

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 8:36pm
post #3 of 9

I turn my ringer off when I'm baking, making fondant, making icing, etc. When I'm finished or my cakes are in the oven I check to see if I need to return any calls thumbs_up.gif

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 8:40pm
post #4 of 9

I don't answer my phone when I'm in the middle of things like that. And people that know me know that's the case! I've made those mistakes and they're too expensive to repeat!!

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 8:53pm
post #5 of 9

OMG! That is so funny. I forgot oil once, but not eggs. That is great.

Sandy

AnotherCreation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnotherCreation Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 9:07pm
post #6 of 9

I normally don't answer....not sure why I did icon_smile.gif Anyway tooo expensive of a mistake. My phone shall be on silent from this cake forward icon_lol.gif All I can do now is laugh!!!

nana_marta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nana_marta Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 9:12pm
post #7 of 9

So glad you can laugh!!! I'm so sorry this happened to you . My mom tells me I'm rude when I'm baking, cause I just have her on dead air and I don't talk! I think from now on I really will not answer the phone! Chin up chickie. thumbs_up.gif

strathmore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
strathmore Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 10:42am
post #8 of 9

I forgot ALL the sugar once.... but I realised after a couple of mins baking and took it out of the oven and mixed it in the tin turned out ok.

Occther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Occther Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 10:54am
post #9 of 9

My sister always manages to call when I am in the middle of baking. Fortunately, she understands and I just call her back.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%