Has Any One Tried The New Duff Line Of Cake Products

Decorating By spoodlegirl Updated 17 Jul 2010 , 8:50pm by gscout73

spoodlegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spoodlegirl Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 5:31pm
post #1 of 8

Hi! I was in Micheal's art and Crafts today and saw that Duff has a line of Cake products now. Has anybody tried them. I was curious about the fondant. I don't like the Wilton and as much as I like the Satin Ice I can only get it online which is costly with shipping.

7 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 5:43pm
post #2 of 8

Many have tried it and besides being WAY overpriced..It is not worth the price....

grossoutqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grossoutqueen Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 5:53pm
post #3 of 8

I have not tried it but saw it for the first time 2 days ago and I was not impressed. I could not believe that 2lbs of fondant was $20! And the cake mixes made me chuckle icon_razz.gif

I guess if you put a famous face on it, you can over charge for it...

tmgarcia_98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmgarcia_98 Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 5:58pm
post #4 of 8

The only thing that I tried (with a coupon, of course) is the silver aerosol spray. It looks really cute sprayed on top of buttercream iced cupcakes. Way easier than painting with luster dust, or trying to sprinkle just the right amount of dust on.

Patricia1966 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Patricia1966 Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 6:03pm
post #5 of 8

I have used the black fondant. It was easy to work and it tasted ok.

cs_confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cs_confections Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 6:06pm
post #6 of 8

His fondant is Fondarific, which I love. It's easy to work with and my family likes the taste of it over Satin Ice. However, it is not good for making figures or anything you need to dry hard. I still use Satin Ice for those types of things. While the price before the coupon is $20, once you use the coupon, I find it to be cheaper than my local cake supply shop or ordering at an even cheaper price online -then adding the cost of shipping. I normally buy it in larger buckets, but for a pinch or small project, I think it's perfect.

I needed red for my nieces cake and since it was the main covering, I didn't want to use the red Satin Ice I had on hand since she likes Fondarific better. Hubby went to Michaels with 50% coupon in hand and picked up a tub of red. Quick, cheaper than cake supply store, didn't have to wait on shipping. Easy peasy!!

As for the cake mix - I haven't seen it, but there's no way I would touch it, even with a coupon!

spoodlegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spoodlegirl Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 8:35pm
post #7 of 8

thanks for yalls feed back. With a coupon its not too bad. I was wondering about taste. Anything is better than wilton. There isnt a cake store here that sell the Satin Ice , well one and it is the Lg 20 lb or larger and I dont need that much. Ten or more Dollars shipping I cant afford either.

oh they also had packs of designs for the fondant for $4.99 for 2. They are only like 4 x 6 but they had brick, cobblestone and 2 other designs. That was nice to see.

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 8:50pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia1966

I have used the black fondant. It was easy to work and it tasted ok.

I've tried the black also.. out of desperation. It was good but expensive.... very expensive.

Sandy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%