tarheelgirl Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 4:28pm
post #1 of

I coated them in flour and folded them into the cake batter. I tried the chocolate chip pound cake in the recipe section. I only had one bag of chocolate chips for 2 batters of cake mix.. this was for an 8" cake. There are some in the center of the cake but most went to the bottom. Maybe I needed another bag of chocolate chips?

8 replies
kakeladi Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 4:45pm
post #2 of

usually dusting them w/flour or the dry cake mix works. That sounds like you had plenty of chips for the amount of batter. I bet they are distrubited better than you think.
Next time use mini chips icon_smile.gif

tarheelgirl Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 4:51pm
post #3 of

I never even thought about using mini chips! icon_biggrin.gif Made this for a family birthday so I can't wait to cut into it later.

lovely_me Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 8:26pm
post #4 of

Yup - I would use mini chips and coat them with flour (I just dump them in a gallon zip bag with about a tablespoon of flour and shake).

mamawrobin Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 8:33pm
post #5 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely_me

Yup - I would use mini chips and coat them with flour (I just dump them in a gallon zip bag with about a tablespoon of flour and shake).

That's what I would suggest. I use the mini chips because I can't keep the larger ones from sinking even when coating with flour.

JulieMN Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 12:58am
post #6 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamawrobin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely_me

That's what I would suggest. I use the mini chips because I can't keep the larger ones from sinking even when coating with flour.

Ditto!

Kitagrl Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 1:03am
post #7 of

I use the mini chips and they don't even need flour, they stay put pretty well.

pieceacake830 Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 1:14am
post #8 of

I used the mini chip and every last one of them sank to the bottom. icon_mad.gif I didnt think they had enough weight to them to make them sink, but sink they did...I'll have to try coating them with flour next time.

tarheelgirl Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 12:58pm
post #9 of

I wanted to test this out on a family members birthday before selling to an actual client. My family LOVES being my guinea pig! icon_biggrin.gif Sure enough all the chips went to the bottom not even one chip in the middle. So it is mini chips all the way next time!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%