Florida Home Bakers Update On Law

Business By KrazyAboutCake Updated 17 Jul 2010 , 12:38pm by Maria925

KrazyAboutCake Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 12:35pm
post #1 of 2

Here is an email I received yesterday regarding Florida residents can sell baked goods to the public. Please continue to send the letters I posted, we need to let them know this needed in Florida.

Sent: Friday, July 16, 2010 2:24 PM
To: LABONTE.LIADA.S13
Cc: STOVALL.SANDRA; 'Aller, Marion'
Subject: FW: Cottage Food Act

Hi Liada,

The issue of cottage industry sales such as baked goods to consumers is currently under review by the Food Safety and Food Defense Advisory Council. This council has members from a diverse background such as the DACS, FDA and the private sector. Upon a call phone call from me to the DACS Division of Food Safety I was reminded that there is language in the current Appropriations Act for a review to be made of small farm issues, which this matter falls under. The council is to complete its review and issue its findings by the end of the year.

This is to say that this very matter is under review now. I know that the council is aware of Senator Jones constituents concern as I sent an e-mail copy of the letter to the Division Director.

If I can be of further assistance on this issue please send me a note or give me a call.

Sincerely,
Jeff

Sent: Friday, July 09, 2010 9:16 AM
To: POOLE.JEFF
Cc: LABONTE.LIADA.S13
Subject: FW: Cottage Food Act

Jeff,

I think this is an Agriculture Food matter. Please let me know if you think it falls under DOHs authority instead.

Thanks,

Sandra

Sandra R. Stovall, J.D., C.P.A.

The Florida Senate

Committee on Health Regulation

530 Knott Building

404 South Monroe Street

Tallahassee, Florida 32399-1100

850.487.5824 facsimile: 850.410.0081

[email protected]

1 reply
Maria925 Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 12:38pm
post #2 of 2

Sending my letters...and getting friends & family to do the same...whoo hoo!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%