Last Minute Options For Ganache Coverd Cake, Mff Problems.

Decorating By MessMaker Updated 17 Jul 2010 , 9:37am by mamawrobin

MessMaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MessMaker Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 4:26am
post #1 of 4

I have 12 hrs to figure out how to cover a already been ganached cake, thats to be covered with MFF, but the choc. MFF I made keeps tearing.

Im rolling out about 1/8" thick to cover a 8x4" cake, when I go to pick it up it tears before I can get it over the cake.

Any suggestions

The cakes have been covered in Ganache already..(also a first time for me, that turned out GREAT!) and are due to take a 1 hr drive to a friends baby shower tomorrow. I am debating on my options as I am ready to give up MFF (at least going on this cake anyway, but not permanently, i wont let MFF win).

I was wondering if covering a ganache covered cake with BC is a possibility?

I can throw some MMF together and cover them in the am, if I absolutely have to, but dont like the way it taste so dont really like putting it on other peoples cake.

3 replies
MrsNancyB1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsNancyB1 Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 4:59am
post #2 of 4

If you have candy melts, you can make some modelling chocolate and mix that into your fondant. That would probably restore tons of moisture to your fondant, and make it so much more workable.

Good luck!

MessMaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MessMaker Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 7:29am
post #3 of 4

I figured it out.

I mixed 1/2-3/4 batch MMF to whole batch of MFF and it taste great and works great!

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 9:37am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessMaker

I figured it out.

I mixed 1/2-3/4 batch MMF to whole batch of MFF and it taste great and works great!

Good deal. icon_wink.gif I'm so glad that ya got it to work one way or another. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%