Ok Where Is The Camera... This Is Not Happening!

Decorating By totallycaked Updated 17 Jul 2010 , 6:07pm by totallycaked

totallycaked Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 3:59am
post #1 of 15

Ok seriously, where is the camera. I often feel like I live in my own reality show but seriously.....whats up. I am making one of my bestest friends cakes for her family celebrations tomorrow... one wasc sinks in the middle WHY? Then another batch shrinks and pulls away from the side........and then I did a chocolate chip cake and trying to carve it...........note to self do not ever think about carving anything with chocolate chips and now I try to crumb coat and the cake is just rolling underneath my frosting..........seriously where is the camera? What the heck am I doing wrong????

14 replies
mbark Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 4:09am
post #2 of 15

bah! hate the "all goes wrong" days. but there are some where all go right, right?
hey I'm in so cal too, where are you?

Tracy7953 Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 4:36am
post #3 of 15

Hay, I'm in So Cal too...maybe its this crazy heat and humidity that did your cakes in. It's been so hot & humid, I can't imagine having the oven on too!

mbark Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 4:43am
post #4 of 15

Tracy your cakes are amazing!
Isn't this weather too weird?
I was in OC last weekend to see Beth Moore at the Mariners church, it was awesome!

Tracy7953 Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 4:56am
post #5 of 15

Mbark, thanks for the compliment. Your cakes are pretty cool too! I hate to sound ignorant but I don't know who that is you came here to see. The weather has been weird. Yesterday afternoon it thundered, lightningd and poured!!! And was hot. Luckily, I had the week off from caking so I didn't have to deal with "technical difficulites" caused by the weather.

totallycaked Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 5:07am
post #6 of 15

Yep, I am going to blame it on the weather! Can't believe that I made a mistakes hehehehe.. I am in So Cal in the middle between Orange County and San Diego. We went to the San Diego zoo yesterday and got rained on! Funky weather for sure! Where are you guys at?

mbark Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 5:09am
post #7 of 15

darn, I'm kinda far away- the way west portion of LA county, West Hills

mbark Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 5:10am
post #8 of 15

and unfortunately one of the hotest parts of the valley, it was 105 today

totallycaked Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 5:12am
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy7953

Hay, I'm in So Cal too...maybe its this crazy heat and humidity that did your cakes in. It's been so hot & humid, I can't imagine having the oven on too!

I went to OC the other day to check out the cake stores, not a whole lot of options here. I wanted to go to Calico. Have you been there? do you like it? any other favorites? thanks!

Tracy7953 Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 5:20am
post #10 of 15

I am in South OC near Irvine and there are three cake stores that I go to. Not to mention Joannes & Michaels when in a pinch. I am a lucky girl!

totallycaked Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 5:27am
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy7953

I am in South OC near Irvine and there are three cake stores that I go to. Not to mention Joannes & Michaels when in a pinch. I am a lucky girl!

I am jealous! I drag my poor kids all over God's green earth looking at cake stores. I guess it is like my toys r us or my hubby Guitar Center. I am just amazed by all the different stuff each store has. My hobby is going to nickel and dime me to death icon_smile.gif

Tracy7953 Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 5:33am
post #12 of 15

I know what you mean. I am running out of storage space like so many others here on CC. I probably should not mention that I love to look at cake supplies online too. Now that is dangerous! LOL

BTW, totallycaked, were you able to bake new cakes for your event?

cheriej Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 5:54am
post #13 of 15

Hey! i'm in OC too! I LOVE calico! Love it! It's the best store in OC for supplies and being helpful. I also like orange novelty in Costa Mesa - the owner is super nice and is willing to help you on anything - design, ideas etc.. I have never been to ABC cuz I heard they are mean there. There are only these 3 stores that I have heard of in the area.

yea, it's been hot but I have AC on!

totallycaked Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 7:22am
post #14 of 15

I have not even started the elephant cake, but I have most of the car... I am taking a breather! I need to check out Calico, I tried once but it was closed. Hay totally off topic but are you guys going to ICES? Ps Ill try to post pix of the car.. my computer has been funky... shuts off everytime I try to upload pix... ughh one more thing on my "oh man" list ! icon_smile.gif

totallycaked Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 6:07pm
post #15 of 15

Hi Cat,
I m done! Did it... thanks for all your support guys... off the celebrate a very special 60 year old and 85 year old! Have a great day. xoxox

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%