Help!!! How Do I Make A Lady Torso Wearing A Dress?

Decorating By bvwilliams Updated 18 Jul 2010 , 5:47am by Texas_Rose

bvwilliams Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 2:57am
post #1 of 3

How do you make a lady torso cake--the flat one not the standing one? I've seen the boob cakes and the belly cakes. I need to make a birthday cake for someone who is a model for local fashion shows. Her husband wants to surprise her with an elegant high fashion dress cake with shoes. I think I can handle the shoes, but don't know how to carve the torso from a sheet cake. What is the best way.? I already have the Wilton sports ball pans for the boobs. But I don't know how to carve and construct the torso part and put it all together so I can cover it with a dress. Please help. This cake was requested today to have for July 25th.

2 replies
FlourPots Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 5:39am
post #2 of 3

Maybe these can give you an idea of where to begin:
(Keep clicking on the left side small pic to see the rest of the steps) (Click All Sizes to see this one enlarged)

Texas_Rose Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 5:47am
post #3 of 3

I've got a torso cake in my stops before the legs, but the same method should work. I measured a piece of waxed paper the size of the pan and drew the torso shape on one side, then folded it in half and cut it out, so the sides would match. Then I put that on a piece of foamcore and traced around it, cut out the shape and covered it in press and seal wrap. When the cake was cool, I put the waxed paper pattern on it and cut around it with a very sharp knife, then transferred it to the foamcore board. Then I trimmed some of the edges to round them, added the boobs (used the Mini wonder mold, the sports ball needs the cake to be 12" wide where the boobs go) and frosted the whole thing.

If you use the mini wonder mold pan and cut the boobs at an angle, the result will be more like a natural, perky bosom than like cartoon boobs.

Quote by @%username% on %date%