How Can I Fix This??

Baking By cindycraig Updated 17 Jul 2010 , 4:01am by klangl

cindycraig Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindycraig Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 2:50am
post #1 of 6

I live in the deep south...where the humidity is kickin' my tail. How can I manipulate my frosting (which normally crusts beautifully) to crust??? I am using Decorator's Cream Cheese Frosting from this website, and it flat won't crust! My crusting buttercream wouldn't crust last week. I have added a full cup of extra sugar and it still won't crust. I know the ratio of sugar to fat is where the magic is at, but it's just not working as written. Any advice? I sure hate the thought of having to use this as is.

5 replies
Cindy619 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cindy619 Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 2:54am
post #2 of 6

Instead of changing my icing, I usually just change my conditions. Plug in the ol' window ac unit and I'm good to go icon_biggrin.gif

Aeropanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aeropanda Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 3:10am
post #3 of 6

I agree with Cindy. The AC helps.

cindycraig Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindycraig Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 3:32am
post #4 of 6

Thanks- I'm not decorating until the morning, so I'll crank up the A/C and hope for the best.

multilayered Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
multilayered Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 3:37am
post #5 of 6

I'm sorry this is off topic but I just have to say I think it is adorable that even though you obviously "typed" your post I can totally hear your heavy southern drawl within it....it's fantastic!! I live in New York (and Love it) but most accents here just do not have the same charm icon_smile.gif

klangl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klangl Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 4:01am
post #6 of 6

Hi Cindycraig, I know exactly what you are talking about with the humidity, especially this week, I live in Conway. I know what everyone is going to tell you to use Indydebi's buttercream and make the variation with cream cheese. Are you using Butter or margarine as a fat, if so you may want to consider adding more shortening it is better for humid conditions. I'm not familiar with your recipe so I really don't know.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%