Indydebi's Recipe - Cream Cheese?

Baking By MariaK38 Updated 17 Jul 2010 , 7:14am by Texas_Rose

MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 2:30am
post #1 of 6

Hi! I am in need of a good cream cheese frosting recipe that can be piped in a swirl on some cupcakes for an outdoor wedding in October. Does anyone know if Indydebi's buttercream recipe can be altered to include some cream cheese?
If not, does anyone have a good recipe? I looked in recipes but couldn't find what I was looking for... I need something that will hold up outdoors for at least 6 hours. I don't think it will be hot and humid, but you never know here in Ohio! Just wanting to be safe!

Thanks! Maria

5 replies
tmelrose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmelrose Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 2:50am
post #2 of 6

That was recently discussed. If I did this right its in the below topic. Mamawrobin was so kind to give her Indydebi cream cheese recipe. Look on page 3 of the below post.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-685989-.html

shannonann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannonann Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 2:51am
post #3 of 6

Earlene Moore has a "cream cheese buttercream" icing that is delicious. She gives the recipe and other information about it on her website.
www.earlenescakes.com

(mod edited to add icing link.)

http://www.earlenescakes.com/icings.htm

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 2:59am
post #4 of 6

my go to cream cheese recipe is the Crusting Cream Cheese recipe in the recipe section here on CC. It is a lot stiffer more like a buttercream icing. HTH

MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 5:01am
post #5 of 6

thank you! can't wait to try the cream cheese and white chocolate versions!

Maria

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 7:14am
post #6 of 6

If you add a packet of dream whip powder to Earlene's recipe, it gets rid of the greasy feel and helps it crust nicely.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%