Decorating Interview!!! What To Make!?

Decorating By step0nmi Updated 17 Jul 2010 , 1:02am by step0nmi

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 11:29pm
post #1 of 9

Sooo...for those that haven't seen my other post, I have an interview for Sunday!!! They want me to decorate a small cake of course. I don't know what to make!! icon_eek.gif

he said a "small simple cake" to decorate. if it needs to be frosted, whatever...I can do that...but they said I would have everything I need there!

8 replies
step0nmi Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 11:45pm
post #2 of 9

btw...how long do you feel I should be taking decorating this cake? I don't want to take an hour...doesn't that seem too long?

anasazi17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anasazi17 Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 11:48pm
post #3 of 9

From what I understand most shops want to see your skills and how long you take. I know for grocery stores they want to see how fast and good you can crank them out! Way to go on the interview...good luck icon_smile.gif

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 11:51pm
post #4 of 9

Go with something you know, something you have experience with, something you know you can knock out of the park.

What are you most confident with? Flowers? Piping? Fondant? BC?

Play to your strengths icon_razz.gif

Good Luck!

step0nmi Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 12:13am
post #5 of 9

Thanks guys! This is a cakery like I would want to open one day (down the road) so they do very different designs. This is why I'm torn...I don't know if they are looking for speed or just to see if I really make cakes icon_razz.gif they have already seen my work online lol

anasazi17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anasazi17 Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 12:29am
post #6 of 9

Oh I see! Ya show them your skills!!! You should ask mamawrobin, she works at a custom shop..maybe she could give you some good advice icon_wink.gif

step0nmi Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 12:39am
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by anasazi17

Oh I see! Ya show them your skills!!! You should ask mamawrobin, she works at a custom shop..maybe she could give you some good advice icon_wink.gif

you are right! thumbs_up.gif

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 12:52am
post #8 of 9

Good luck on the interview!

step0nmi Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 1:02am
post #9 of 9

Thank you Julie icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%