Where To Buy 50# Cube Of Sweetex In Dallas Ft. Worth Texas?

Decorating By FeGe_Cakes Updated 5 Jul 2012 , 5:43pm by cai0311

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 11:12pm
post #1 of 15

The last time I bought Sweetex I got it from BakeMark but they don't do cash and carry anymore. SUCKS! Anyway, with the heat here does anyone know of a place to buy it locally. Or will deliver for a good price.

14 replies
FeGe_Cakes Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 7:52pm
post #2 of 15

Can't believe I didn't get any responses. icon_eek.gif Where are all the Dallas Ft. Worth bakers. icon_biggrin.gif

kathys90 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathys90 Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 8:05pm
post #3 of 15

Have you tried Elizabeth's in Euless? They may be able to help you out.

You wouldn't know where I could get my hands on "white" margarine would you? I've looked everywhere in the DFW area.
icon_biggrin.gif

hamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hamie Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 8:12pm
post #4 of 15

Try Treat Me Sweet in Benbrook on 377. I went for the first time on Friday. They are very small and a limited selection of supplies, but I asked about ordering a 50 lbs box and they said they could.

FeGe_Cakes Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 9:33pm
post #5 of 15

Elizabeth's only sells PS99 (i think). And I called Treat Me Sweet on Friday, she quoted me $125.00 icon_eek.gif She can't be serious. I can order it and express it cheaper than that.

FeGe_Cakes Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 9:34pm
post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathys90

Have you tried Elizabeth's in Euless? They may be able to help you out.

You wouldn't know where I could get my hands on "white" margarine would you? I've looked everywhere in the DFW area.
icon_biggrin.gif

Sorry Kathys90, I don't use margarine much so don't know where to find white margine.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 10:04pm
post #7 of 15

Yeah, Elizabeth's carries only PS99. I didn't like that stuff.

kathys - Have you tried Sprouts or Central Market for white margarine?

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 10:26pm
post #8 of 15

Bake Mart was my only option and you had to be a licensed restaurant. I tried this before in the Dallas area with absolutely no luck and the hi-ratio at cake carousel and Cakes Amore is not Sweetex so I'm not sure what to tell you. I think everyone in Dallas could benefit from someone carrying it. Also I tried the Restaurant Depot but they don't carry it either. They have a very limited baking section.

I wish I had happier news.

FeGe_Cakes Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 10:32pm
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillywabbitz

Bake Mart was my only option and you had to be a licensed restaurant. I tried this before in the Dallas area with absolutely no luck and the hi-ratio at cake carousel and Cakes Amore is not Sweetex so I'm not sure what to tell you. I think everyone in Dallas could benefit from someone carrying it. Also I tried the Restaurant Depot but they don't carry it either. They have a very limited baking section.

I wish I had happier news.

That is just ridiculous to me. Is Sweetex not that popular? I called around to all the cake stores i knew of, and no luck. I called Char's cake fixin and the owner told me to go to the grocery store. icon_lol.gif I told him, you can't buy it at the grocery store. I am so mad right now.

kathys90 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathys90 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 9:58pm
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeLM

Yeah, Elizabeth's carries only PS99. I didn't like that stuff.

kathys - Have you tried Sprouts or Central Market for white margarine?

I bought the PS99, but never used it, as someone on CC warned me that it was a mixer "killer"!

No I haven't tried Sprouts or Central Market....I'll have to give them a try! I use the sweetex in my buttercream too, so I'll be interested in knowing where you get it.

I'm almost tempted to purchase from out of state and have it shipped (the sweetex and the white margarine both). Sorry I couldn't be more help!

hamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hamie Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 10:01pm
post #11 of 15

I use the PS99 without problems.....

Babs1964 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babs1964 Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 10:25pm
post #12 of 15

Just a curious Canadian-what is Sweetex?

FeGe_Cakes Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 5:18pm
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs1964

Just a curious Canadian-what is Sweetex?

It's a brand of high ratio shortening.

BunnyRoberts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BunnyRoberts Posted 5 Jul 2012 , 5:37pm
post #14 of 15

Hi, I just saw this post as I was looking around the forums. I'm not sure what kind it is, but Chars Cake Supplies in Fort Worth sells high ratio shortning in small amounts.. I bought some there about a week ago and it made a great icing.

cai0311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cai0311 Posted 5 Jul 2012 , 5:43pm
post #15 of 15

Do you have a GFS (Gordon Food Service) by you? My GFS does not carry Sweetex in the store, but one of their suppliers carries it. So when I order Sweetex from GFS they have it in their store the next day.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%