Any Ideas? Need Help!!

Decorating By mhcl Updated 17 Jul 2010 , 8:33pm by Aeropanda

mhcl Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 9:31pm
post #1 of 6

I have filled 3 6inch cakes and stacked them and the filling is spilling out everywhere!! I left some room for the outside edges but it's still all coming out and leaning everywhere. It's a dense banana cake with a peanut butter filling and a cream cheese chocolate ganache filling. I've since taken the layers apart and have them in the fridge. Any suggestions? I'm sure I could do a buttercream dam but I think it might still come out??

5 replies
iamcakin Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 9:36pm
post #2 of 6

Hi, and welcome to CC!

If you make your dam thick (stiff) enough, and don't over-fill you shouldn't have any problems.

Your cake sounds delicious, BTW.

HTH icon_smile.gif

edited to actually answer the question...note to self: READ the question, type, proofread, THEN hit submit, sheesh icon_redface.gif .

mhcl Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 2:41am
post #3 of 6

Thank you so much. I am new, obviously icon_rolleyes.gif I really wasn't sure if a dam would hold the weight but my cake is now proudly sitting up nice and tall with fillings in tact in my fridge. No more oozing tower of pisa icon_wink.gif This is what I love about cake central. People helping out people icon_lol.gif

ChRiStY_71 Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 2:54am
post #4 of 6

It is amazing how much you can learn on here...Welcome to CC! thumbs_up.gif

iamcakin Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 5:57pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhcl

my cake is now proudly sitting up nice and tall with fillings in tact in my fridge. No more oozing tower of pisa icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

Good for you- -stack that bad boy right back up! Remember, you are the boss of your cakes, they are NOT the boss of you! icon_razz.gif

Aeropanda Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 8:33pm
post #6 of 6

Glad you put your cak in its place! LOL Those flavors sound divine!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%