Myom Questions

Decorating By ohayr639 Updated 21 Jul 2010 , 8:02pm by marzipandoll

ohayr639 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ohayr639 Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 8:10pm
post #1 of 4

I have seen MYOM mentioned in different threads but only recently looked it up and it looks pretty cool. I have some questions:

1. If I was only going to use the molds every so often about how long will one pound last?

2. Once I make a mold is it good forever?

3. Can I use different mediums in it like chocolate, isomalt, fondant, etc?

Any other advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much! If you don't have the answers but know where they are in the forum that would be great too.

3 replies
MYOM-Dominic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MYOM-Dominic Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 3:34pm
post #2 of 4

Hi ohayr639 - I have answered your questions below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohayr639

I have seen MYOM mentioned in different threads but only recently looked it up and it looks pretty cool. I have some questions:

1. If I was only going to use the molds every so often about how long will one pound last?

Dominic's Answer: Food Grade Silicone does age and become unusable over long periods of time. You should use my mold making materials within a year after you receive it.

2. Once I make a mold is it good forever?

Dominic's Answer: I can't say that your mold will last forever what in this world does. I think you really want to know if it is re-usable over and over again. The answer is yes - you will not have a temporary mold with limited use. My products produce a commercial mold that you can use many times like any commercial tool.

3. Can I use different mediums in it like chocolate, , fondant, etc?

Dominic's Answer: Absolutely! You can use your molds for all kinds of products - hot or cold. They will withstand the high temperatures of poured sugar and are also unaffected by freezing temperatures.

Any other advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dominic's Answer: These are good questions and i am glad you asked them. I should warn you though, making your own molds can be addicting!

Thanks so much! If you don't have the answers but know where they are in the forum that would be great too.

My Pleasure,

Dominic icon_smile.gif

ohayr639 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ohayr639 Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 3:54pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks so much!!

marzipandoll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marzipandoll Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 8:02pm
post #4 of 4

Re: to Dominic's warning!
My name is Jade-eye and I am a mold making addict!
icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%