3D Thomas The Train Kit Help

Decorating By mrskershner Updated 15 Nov 2013 , 6:03pm by tkneip

mrskershner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrskershner Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 4:01pm
post #1 of 14

I recently purchased a 3D Thomas the Train cake kit that came with the face plate and accessories. But I have misplaced some of the directions. I need to know the cutting instructions for each piece of the cake I am suppose to cut. Does anyone else have these instructions??? I included a picture of the cake I am talking about. Thank you in advance!
LL

13 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 5:06pm
post #2 of 14

This looks like a decopac kit and I think if you go to their website decopac.com they have PDF files you can download for most of their cake kits.

mrskershner Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 5:17pm
post #3 of 14

It is the Decopac kit, but on their website it does not give the sizes to cut the cake pieces icon_sad.gif

Kiddiekakes Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 5:28pm
post #4 of 14

Hmmm...so it doesn't tell you what size cakes to start with etc...Okay I went to the website and found this..Go down to the bottom and the PDF files are there.See if these will help.

https://www.decopac.com/detail_6192M__1-6-40.html

mrskershner Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 5:49pm
post #5 of 14

Oddly enough, it gives you all the cutting direction and decorating directions, but the only size it tells you is to "start with half a sheet cake and a cup cake". But they never say the rest of the dimensions for the other pieces

Kiddiekakes Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 5:54pm
post #6 of 14

Weird..I guess you just have to kinda wing it and look at the picture..Sorry I couldn't help further...

mrskershner Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 5:56pm
post #7 of 14

No problem, I appreciate your replies, I knew it was going to be a little bit a shot in the dark, but I will have to eye ball it.

Kiddiekakes Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 5:59pm
post #8 of 14

I made my own 3D Thomas and I just used a 11x15 and started cutting it down.I used the tutorial that a lady had on the web..She is a decorater.It was really good..I'll try and find it.

Kiddiekakes Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 6:03pm
post #9 of 14
mrskershner Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 6:33pm
post #10 of 14

Thank you, I may have to use this one. I am hoping to get a response from the manufacture as well, I sent them an email yesterday, so between that and the information and other pictures hopefully it will work out. Thanks again.

mrskershner Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 7:08pm
post #11 of 14

After a lot of searching with Google, I did finally found another lady who had made this cake and listed some of the dimensions, so I am in luck. They are a little vague, but better then what I had before - nothing.

jlshafer9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlshafer9 Posted 16 Mar 2013 , 4:20am
post #12 of 14

http://www.thomasstation.com/misc/cake/pdf/46879-Cake-Assemble-Instr.pdf

Thought this might be what you were looking for, you have to zoom in but comes with the measurements at the top left. Hope this helps.

nyclightskin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nyclightskin Posted 22 Aug 2013 , 11:42pm
post #13 of 14

A[quote name="Kiddiekakes" url="/t/688427/3d-thomas-the-train-kit-help#post_6886329"]Hmmm...so it doesn't tell you what size cakes to start with etc...Okay I went to the website and found this..Go down to the bottom and the PDF files are there.See if these will help.

[URL=https://www.decopac.com/detail_6192M__1-6-40.html]https://www.decopac.com/detail_6192M__1-6-40.html

tkneip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tkneip Posted 15 Nov 2013 , 6:03pm
post #14 of 14

AI have been looking for that Train Kit everywhere. Does anyone know where I can buy one?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%