My Kitchen Aid Is Dying????? :(

Decorating By MadeYaLook Updated 18 Jul 2010 , 2:11am by Letthemeatcake_2009

MadeYaLook Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 2:34pm
post #1 of 13

I have only been doing this as a hobby for 5 years and am on my 2nd kitchen aid. After doing a search for my current problem, I may have acted too hastly in getting rid of my first. It seems as the oil leak I had was common and easily fixable. ho hum...

Now to my current issue. I am making a batch of Sharon Z's BC. I am on my first step of combining my liquid ingredients with my hi- ratio and my mixer goes from low to light speed, with the control switch still on low.

Now it has two speeds, off and warp speed. What the heck? Anyone out there ever experience this? It isn't easy to add PS when its on warp speed. icon_lol.gif So I am turning it on and off to keep it from going crazy letting it rest between additions so I don't burn anything up. icon_sad.gif

12 replies
LindaF144a Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 2:47pm
post #2 of 13

I would start by calling the 800 number for Kitchenaid and talk to them. I understand they are very good at troubleshooting and it may be under some kind of warranty.

Kibosh Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 3:04pm
post #3 of 13

I've been having the same problem!! I was making IMBC this past weekend and I had it on high, but the darn thing kept going low, high, low, high. I've only been using it for about 2 yrs, but "really using it" for the past year.

cakes47 Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 3:22pm
post #4 of 13

Definitely call Kitchen-Aid!!! They're awesome to deal with. No run-arounds
from them. icon_smile.gif

GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 3:50pm
post #5 of 13

Sorry you are having problems, but I did have to laugh about warp speed icon_lol.gif next thing you know their will be a show called 'Mixers Gone Wild' icon_lol.gif Call Kitchen-Aid they are really great to work with..

TexasSugar Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 5:16pm
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ____Betsy_____

Now it has two speeds, off and warp speed. What the heck? Anyone out there ever experience this? It isn't easy to add PS when its on warp speed. icon_lol.gif

I bought my mom a cheap hand mixer cause I had a habit of barrowing her KA to carry to class and not returning it. She didn't use it alot, so it wasn't a big deal but ever now and then needed a mixer so I was like okay, cheap hand mixer.

That hand mixer had 3 speeds.
Speed 1 - Sling it on the counter
Speed 2 - Sling it on the cabinets
Speed 3 - Sling it on the ceiling.

Needless to say she avoiding using that hand mixer and I planted the suggested in my SIL's head for them to get her a KA hand mixer for Christmas that year. icon_smile.gif

Doug Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 5:21pm
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ____Betsy_____

Now it has two speeds, off and warp speed. What the heck? Anyone out there ever experience this? It isn't easy to add PS when its on warp speed. icon_lol.gif

I bought my mom a cheap hand mixer cause I had a habit of barrowing her KA to carry to class and not returning it. She didn't use it alot, so it wasn't a big deal but ever now and then needed a mixer so I was like okay, cheap hand mixer.

That hand mixer had 3 speeds.
Speed 1 - Sling it on the counter
Speed 2 - Sling it on the cabinets
Speed 3 - Sling it on the ceiling.

Needless to say she avoiding using that hand mixer and I planted the suggested in my SIL's head for them to get her a KA hand mixer for Christmas that year. icon_smile.gif

what, no "sling into my mouth! (esp. chocolate!)"?

TexasSugar Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 6:15pm
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

what, no "sling into my mouth! (esp. chocolate!)"?

Speeds two and three would have done that easily!

Ruth0209 Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 6:55pm
post #9 of 13

Even with my KA I find icing and batter in the strangest places in my kitchen. : )

Letthemeatcake_2009 Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 10:25pm
post #10 of 13

Must be in the air, my KA started doing the same thing this morning making a batch of buttercream.

This was my worst cake decorating day ever. First KA goes spastic, made 2 9" cakes, one red velvet and the other funfetty. First I drop the funfetty one, in hinde site, thank god it wasn't frosted. Next I frosted the red velvet one and set it aside for buttercream to crust and it slid off, and onto the floor.

Later on once 2 cakes remade, I knocked over a brand new fifth of vodka that I use to place fondant, all over my dining room table.

Went to deliver my cake and no matter which way I went there was construction every where.

What a day.

MadeYaLook Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 10:45pm
post #11 of 13

Did you at least move quick enough to siphon the vodka through a straw??? icon_wink.gif Sorry to hear about your bad cake day.

I called KA 800 # with no luck. And there isn't even a certififed KA repair man in HOuston. Are you kidding me???? The 4th largest city in the US and not ONE certified in all of the Houston area? Jeeeez.

AND to top it off my pirate cake shifted in the way to party today. icon_sad.gif

Apti Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 11:04pm
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letthemeatcake_2009

Must be in the air, my KA started doing the same thing this morning making a batch of buttercream.

This was my worst cake decorating day ever. First KA goes spastic, made 2 9" cakes, one red velvet and the other funfetty. First I drop the funfetty one, in hinde site, thank god it wasn't frosted. Next I frosted the red velvet one and set it aside for buttercream to crust and it slid off, and onto the floor.

Later on once 2 cakes remade, I knocked over a brand new fifth of vodka that I use to place fondant, all over my dining room table.

Went to deliver my cake and no matter which way I went there was construction every where.

What a day.

You sound like that picture of a kitten hanging by one claw from a rope. Makes me feel WAAAY better about my day, all I did was knock off a huge glass bowl that shattered into a million piece on my kitchen tile floor--didn't even have liquor in it...

Letthemeatcake_2009 Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 2:11am
post #13 of 13

LOL about the straw, loved it.

Sorry to hear about others bad luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%