Going To Be One Of Those Days...

Lounge By StephW Updated 17 Jul 2010 , 1:39pm by mkolmar

StephW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StephW Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 1:45pm
post #1 of 9

This is one of those times I wish I was Samantha from Bewitched and I could just twitch my nose and all my work would be done! My brother and his wife and I are having a big party tomorrow. My dad will be 80 on the 20th and he wants to have a get-together, but he doesn't want it to be about him. So it's more of a family/friend reunion... haha. My dad is amazing - so we'll do anything he wants!

There will be over 100 people at this event. I am making baked beans, oriental salad, a fruit bowl and a bunch of cupcakes. I am trying to make the cupcakes in different shapes. I have been off work since Wednesday... working on things a little at a time. I have limited refridgerator space so I have to plan carefully how I do things.

I was making good progress (except for burning some cupcakes last night) until today. Early this morning around 2:30 my son woke up complaining of his ear hurting. I think he has swimmer's ear since he goes swimming everyday at day camp, but he is in alot of pain whenever he lays on that side. So I am taking him to the doctor @ 3:00.

And to top it off I woke up with a migraine this morning... ugh!!! I have all this work to do still and can't even focus yet! But I will get thru it... yes I will!!!

8 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 2:01pm
post #2 of 9

Take some deep breathes and do everything one step at a time! icon_smile.gif

Good Luck!

StephW Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 2:21pm
post #3 of 9

Thank you TexasSugar... my headache is starting to ease up some, so hopefully I can get going here soon.

StephW Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 3:41pm
post #4 of 9

OK... on top of everything else - I had ordered a new workout system called No Excuses Work Out. And of course the package just arrived in the mail today... hahahaha. I have excuses for the first two days already. Oh the irony of it all!

subyu62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subyu62 Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 10:00pm
post #5 of 9

My son's ENT told us to use 2-3 drops of warmed baby or olive oil in the ear. The oil pushes the water/fluid out and seems to stop the pain for my son right away.

Hope you are both feeling better soon and have a wonderful party!!!

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 11:31pm
post #6 of 9

What a fun party (when the prep is all done)--we are having one for my dad's 70th tomorrow. Hope it goes well and that you are both feeling much better soon!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 1:55am
post #7 of 9

I do the same as suby62. I put a few warm drops or olive oil in my kids ears when they have an ear ache. Also, put a cup or 2 of uncooked rice in a clean sock and tie it off. The warm helps the ear also. This is if your like me and can't seem to remember who borrowed your heating pad last.

StephW Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 3:59am
post #8 of 9

Thank you all for the advice! He has an ear infection and is on amoxicillin, but is still dealing with the pain that comes and goes. Hopefully the antibiotics will start to kick in for tomorrow and then the tylenol will keep him comfortable so he can enjoy the party. I have had him use ice packs for the pain too... but maybe I should switch to heat?

I am still baking, but I have gotten a lot done today considering how many things I've had going on. Also, my husband completed my new cupcake stand today. We have been working on it and painting all week and now it's done... it looks great!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 1:39pm
post #9 of 9

I forgot to type that you need to microwave the rice till warm and then have him lay down with his ear on it. The warmth will help.

Glad to see he is feeling a little better and your stand came out well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%