Has Anyone Used These Topsy Turvy Cake Pans?

Decorating By mookamoo Updated 22 Oct 2011 , 10:31pm by SPODN

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 22 Oct 2011 , 4:55pm
post #31 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by mookamoo

im going back and forth on getting these. I want to do one of these cakes for my stepmoms 50th birthday. I wish you could just buy the pans you needed...Not all the layers(and 90 dollars later) I may do a carving trial run with freezing...see how that goes and then maybe purchase. I am scared that freezing will have an effect on the cakes taste and freshness ?? Ill post pics in the next month or two if i get these and bake.... detective.gifmadhatter.gificon_eek.gificon_confused.gif

I always have to shake my head when I read someone is afraid of freezing their cakes. It actually makes your cake better IMO! Just wrap each layer in Saran Wrap after baking and cooling and then unwrap when ready to use. Bakeries do this all the time...it's where I learned to do it and my cake is moist and fresh. Sure helps in planning and preparation too. I bake and freeze on Tuesday for delivery on the weekend. Don't be afraid to freeze!

melanie-1221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melanie-1221 Posted 22 Oct 2011 , 6:24pm
post #32 of 34

I don't do any carving and just level and stack them. I just use dowels for support and drive a sharpened one through all the tiers at the end and so far no collapses, shifts , or issues at all.

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 22 Oct 2011 , 6:33pm
post #33 of 34

Seriously, I wouldn't be a cake decorator if I couldn't freeze my baked goods. I have NEVER had a cake get ruined by freezing. Most bakers freeze so don't worry about it.

SPODN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SPODN Posted 22 Oct 2011 , 10:31pm
post #34 of 34

I bought them and was disappointed. I don't think they were worth the cost. I'm making a topsy turvy cake this weekend and I'm not using the pans.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%