A Tip For Those Who Make Fondant/gumpaste Figures

Decorating By AngelinaMomof3 Updated 16 Jul 2010 , 12:50am by nana_marta

AngelinaMomof3 Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 11:09pm
post #1 of 4

I have been making a lot of figures for my sisters baby shower and my nephews wifes baby shower. I ran out of foam to stand them on so I took aluminum foil and bunched it up then flattened it against the counter top. I stuck a tooth pick in to hold the figure up then pressed down the the foil again until it was level. It works great! They each have a little stand and I can reuse the foil. Just thought I'd share cause it's saved me a lot of frustration. I had them all in my thick foam but then I needed my foam..lol

3 replies
Q-Squared Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 12:18am
post #2 of 4

Great tip! I'll use just about anything to prop up figures to dry -- whatever works, especially if it's something I can recycle. For instance: I always wear disposable nitrile gloves when I color fondant. So I used some one day and had laid them aside (in case I needed to color more fondant). I made some bows out of the fondant and ended up sticking the gloves inside the loops to hold it up to dry, and then threw them away. =)

AngelinaMomof3 Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 12:33am
post #3 of 4

HAHA! That's cool! I don't have a ton of counter space, everything I make now gets stuck in it's aluminum foil stand and put into a see thru storage tote to dry and keep safe. My daughter LOVES fondant. She is a fondant monster and will take anything she can get her hands on.

nana_marta Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 12:50am
post #4 of 4

The guest bed always looks like a zoo or a farm or a flower bed as I always have something on cookie sheets drying in the spare room! icon_biggrin.gif Love the tip, Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%