I have been researching and reading about doing a home baking business. As well i have taken all the wilton courses to bring up my skills to a bit more of a polished level...and have now decided to give it a go.
I have a few questions about getting started.
1. Can you freeze any cake/cupcakes successfully with them tasting the same after they thaw?
2. How much do you have on hand for tastings?
3. what do you use to transport your baking? caddys? boxes?
4. what is a good supply start list? I already have the wilton caddy packed full, cupcake pans x 3, small cupcake pan x1, and a handful of recipes for buttercream & cake that i have tested.
5. How far in advance do you complete your cakes?
6. do you recommend using contracts for someone with a small out of home business/hobby ?
You should probably start reading the Cupcakes forum to figure out the answer to your baking and boxing questions. As for the business side, you should probably take some time to read the various threads first. A lot of good info is already out there.