Piping Bags!!! Need Help Plssss!!

Decorating By v-rock605 Updated 16 Jul 2010 , 1:03am by v-rock605

v-rock605 Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 10:10pm
post #1 of 6

I really need to work on my piping skills. I always see on tv how they use these tiny bags to write on cakes. I usually use my wilton bags w/ tips to pipe but I have trouble with my handwriting, I've tried to put very little BC but it still comes out horrible. Mind you i have nice handwriting and I can draw and paint, but my piping really sucks. Do I cut the bags??? I would hate to since they aren't so cheap. Anyway hope someone can help me.

5 replies
TexasSugar Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 10:18pm
post #2 of 6

Chances are the tiny bags you are seeing them use are parchment bags. You can cut the 15in triangle in half and use that for a small bag. You wouldn't have to cut the bag, other to make the opening the size you need it for, and you don't have to use tips with it if you are just wanting to do plain stuff with it.

quietude Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 10:19pm
post #3 of 6

I'm going to have to try this myself, but you could probably just buy and cut some of the disposable bags. You can get a pack for pretty cheap, and cutting the bag would make it a bit easier to handle. You would probably need some bag ties as well. HTH - Kim

Lcubed82 Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 10:25pm
post #4 of 6

For writing, I often have better success with parchment with no tip, just a small nip off of the corner. I fight with those tiny tips!

Unlimited Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 12:00am
post #5 of 6

If you don't have any parchment bags on hand, but do happen to have parchment pan liner sheets, did you know you can cut them in half diagonally to make disposable bags with? (don't cut corner to corner, go 4" up from the corner and across the other side to 4" below that corner.) It's also a lot cheaper to order a case of pan liners to cut rather than ordering parchment bags. (some suppliers can cut the pan liners that way for you.)

Happy decorating!

v-rock605 Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 1:03am
post #6 of 6

thank you all so much, I've used the parchment bag before but haven't mastered it, they always fall apart. I'll try cutting it in half. I suffer when I have to write icon_cry.gif lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%