The Business Side Sucks

Business By jillmakescakes Updated 18 Jul 2010 , 2:03pm by dreamcakesmom

jillmakescakes Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 9:59pm
post #1 of 12

Ok- so I needed to spend most of the day at the shop frosting/decorating cakes. Instead, I got to

* Make 3 trips to the DMV in an attempt to register my new delivery van (yeah icon_biggrin.gif - for the new van, not the DMV trips)
* Walk back from the DMV to the shop because the ignition in new van locked up and I couldn't get the key to turn icon_confused.gif
* After 3rd trip found out state dept of revenue incorrectly had lein on our company icon_mad.gif
*spent 30 minutes on hold with dept of revenue only to find out I needed to go there in person tapedshut.gif
*attempted to park at dept of revenue- can't- all street parking blocked off due to large expo downtown thumbsdown.gif
*after finding parking garage that wasn't full, had to park on the top of garage (did I mention it is 95 degrees today with a heat index over 100?) icon_cry.gif
*had to walk 4 blocks to gov't building thumbsdown.gif
*spent 45 minutes waiting for the (very nice) girl to tell me that they made a mistake and she fixed it.
* find out that now I have to wait 7-14 days for BMV system to remove the lein before I can register/plate my new van. icon_evil.gif sigh.

THEN, I had to find the time to get back and finish everything else that I had to do.

ok, so who wants to open a business now? icon_lol.gif

11 replies
Occther Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 10:02pm
post #2 of 12

And, that is just the tip of the iceberg of what business owners face!! Hope everything goes smoother now!!

indydebi Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 1:04am
post #3 of 12

Wow, and I thought it was all glamour and glitz, company paid lunches, setting my own hours, and just watching the money roll in! You mean it's not???? icon_surprised.gif

At least you got it done before the big rain storm moved in while you were walking those 4 blocks!

Motta Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 1:25am
post #4 of 12

Wow. That sucks. Thanks for a reality check.

jillmakescakes Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 12:06pm
post #5 of 12

Yeah Debi, I forgot to mention that I had to go to the grocery store (personal, not business). We got home exactly 3 seconds before the rain drenched us.

On the plus side, today appears to be relatively stress-free. We'll see if that holds. icon_lol.gif ( in case you can't tell, I love emoticons and parenthesis)

joaaaann Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 12:23pm
post #6 of 12

C'mon now..."Glass half full" DIDN'T get drenched by the rain that came 3 seconds later, right ?? ...and your error-issue was corrected in a day. It could have been a LOT worse. In 2 weeks, you'll be drivin' and stylin' a registered new van! "SWEET!" thumbs_up.gif

indydebi Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 12:43pm
post #7 of 12
Originally Posted by joaaaann

C'mon now..."Glass half full"...

True. But having had to fight Indy downtown parking (or the lack of!); having TRIED to find a parking space close to the govt offices; knowing how bad downtown gets when Black Expo is going on (lots of closed streets, even LESS parking, etc)..... that right there was the 'half empty' part!!! icon_lol.gif

joaaaann Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 12:48pm
post #8 of 12

Lol, Ok...I suppose where there's a 'half full', there's a half empty involved. But exercise feels great, right? ( When it's over anyways <-- I know, the half empty part is the part BEFORE it's over...haha )

jillmakescakes Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 4:38pm
post #9 of 12

Joann, yes, it could have been much worse. yes I got exercise, and yes everything is done. doesn't mean I enjoyed it icon_lol.gif

I'm just glad the day is over. now, onto finishing my last wedding cake for the weekend.

cheatize Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 2:16am
post #10 of 12

Aww, I hate days like that. Having one myself today and hoping tomorrow is a lot better.

Did you try wiggling the steering wheel to get the ignition to unlock?

jillmakescakes Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 12:32pm
post #11 of 12

oh I jiggled, shook, twisted, rocked and even cussed a little. no luck. DH got there and fixed it in about 2 seconds by doing the exact same thing I had done. At that point. I was just happy to have it fixed.

hope your day gets better too!

dreamcakesmom Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 2:03pm
post #12 of 12

Ughh. . Sounds like one of those days where yopu just want to go back to bed and pretend it didn't happen. With my car you have to press on the break while turning the sterring wheel to get the ignition unlocked- took me 35 minutes and reading cover to cover in the manual to figure it out!

Quote by @%username% on %date%