Chocloate Covered Oreo...silver Color

Sugar Work By teddybr218 Updated 24 Jul 2010 , 11:56pm by teddybr218

teddybr218 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teddybr218 Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 9:51pm
post #1 of 4

Doing chocolate covered oreos for a 25 wedding anniversary and am wanting the silver color to look realistic. If I do them a silver or gary color and brush on some silver luster dust will that accomplish what I want?

Does anyone know? If not I will try it, just thought if someone had done it they might have some helpful hints.

Thanks in advance,
Cheryl

3 replies
Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 1:08am
post #2 of 4

Yes doing it in light grey and then brushing in silver luster should make it a nice gentle silver color.

However I do find the dusts come off chocolate pretty easily...I pearl dusted some chocolate shells today and the dust comes off on your fingers when you handle them...keep that in mind for the serving of the cookies.

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 8:01pm
post #3 of 4

I don't know what your timing is, but another option is colored cocoa butter. You can get this from chef rubber. They have a wide range of colors. I have used the silver and gold both, and they look great.

teddybr218 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teddybr218 Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 11:56pm
post #4 of 4

thanks for the replies, I have like 2 weeks and am finding that the local candy making store does not have an anniversary chocolate transfers and of course most companies do not want to ship with the weather being so hot. So I wasl looking for another fairly quick way to make them pretty.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%