Soccer Ball

Decorating By iris711 Updated 24 Jul 2010 , 9:30pm by cs_confections

iris711 Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 8:51pm
post #1 of 4

Hi I was requested to do a soccer ball 3D, I bought the soccer ball mold, do I have to bake it twice, how do I put it together. thanks.

3 replies
Bskinne Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 8:59pm
post #2 of 4

Yes, you do have to bake two of them. You will need to buy dowels to help you hold it together. Also, before you ice it put it in the fridge. If you are covering in fondant, put it in the fridge again after you ice it. Good luck!

totallycaked Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 9:11pm
post #3 of 4

Hi I love making round cakes... people love them. I have a soccer one in my pix.. andwho... yes you get the round cake pan, it is two halves. It says one cake mix but I use more. I always fill the pans up high so that the cake goes over the top, that way when it cools down I can make a clean even cut across the top. When cool I leave half in the pan, put on some buttercream and then put the top half of the circle on. I then wrap a bit of plastic wrap to kinda smooch it together and keep it moist as it is in the refridgerator. After awhile I take it out and I do a crusitng buttercream the who ball, I wrap it in plastic wrap again and put it back in the fridge. When I take it out, i use Viva towels to kinda smooth down any bumps from the plastic. I then do it with a moist paper towel, this helps my fondant stick. I just drape, smooth and roll to the side and finsh the bottom. I use either fondant tools to make the marks like a soccer ball, or bomb or what whatever I make... I have never had a cake fall apart and I have done at least a dozen or so ball type cakes...I put a dowel in the bottom to anchor it to another cake hth peace

cs_confections Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 9:30pm
post #4 of 4

Which one did you buy?

The soccer ball pan that only has one half?

or the Sports ball pan you can turn into various balls and has two halves?

If it's the first, I'm not sure that you can make two halves and put it together - I could be wrong, though. I don't have that one.

Quote by @%username% on %date%