Question About Cricut Frosting Sheets...

Decorating By cakeflake80 Updated 16 Jul 2010 , 12:02am by cakeflake80

cakeflake80 Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 5:16pm
post #1 of 4

So I was wandering around AC Moore yesterday and happened to see the end cap that had the cricut Cake accessories. They had packages of frosting sheets in different color combinations. I don't have a cricut and don't think I will ever get one, but I was wondering.....are these frosting sheets similar to edible image sheets? They are just sheets in solid colors, so it got me thinking that if they were I could use them to make cutouts for cookies (like you would with fondant, but I hate the way fondant tastes on cookies) and also for maybe a ribbon border around a cake (I normally make it with fondant but have major issues with getting it even, etc). They are pricey, but not so bad with a coupon. Any thoughts??

3 replies
live2create Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 5:50pm
post #2 of 4

I do believe they are same but like you said they are really pricey.

catlharper Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 10:18pm
post #3 of 4

Computer glitch! LOL! I totally posted to this one this morning! UGH!

Anyways, no they are not the same. They are more brittle, not pliable like the transfer sheets are. And you'd have to have cutters that are as sharp as a blade to cut them smoothly. They are made to be cut with the cricut blade on a greased cricut cutting matt..when not greased they are very very brittle and when greased they are thicker than transfer sheets and need a very sharp item to cut thru them. Hope that made sense...I mean, I know what I'm talking about because I've worked with them but hard to explain to someone who hasnt worked with them! LOL!

cakeflake80 Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 12:02am
post #4 of 4

Thanks! I will definitely pass then, because I only have plastic and metal cutters and they certainly aren't what I would consider 'sharp'! Thanks for the input!

Quote by @%username% on %date%