Urgent! 2 Days Before I Have To Make This

Baking By CakeFaerieK Updated 16 Jul 2010 , 5:29pm by CakePubGirl

CakeFaerieK Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 3:58pm
post #1 of 10

Is there such a thing as FRENCH VANILLA ICING?
I have to be able to decorate with it like buttercream AND there will be no refrigeration available...... the wedding's in 2 days!

Thanks!!!!!

9 replies
ddaigle Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 4:08pm
post #2 of 10

I make it often. When I make my buttercream, I use the liquid french vanilla coffee creamer instead my usual heavy whipping cream. I also use french vanilla extract. It is VERY yummy. No refrigeration required.

Karen421 Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 3:44am
post #3 of 10

Doug also suggested doing the french vanilla coffee creamer with Indydebi's recipe, and it sounds really good.

honeyscakes Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 4:11am
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen421

Doug also suggested doing the french vanilla coffee creamer with Indydebi's recipe, and it sounds really good.

oooh Doug! or Karen421...
Can you PLEASE share how to make that frosting? pweeeeezee
Thankyyyy
- h

Karen421 Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 11:45am
post #5 of 10

I saved it on my computer, but my computer is currently at the doctors! icon_cry.gif (I am using DH's) I think he substituted the french vanilla for the milk in Indydebi's recipe and used wedding boutique flavor. If you PM Doug he will tell you! Sorry I couldn't help more.

Relznik Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 12:00pm
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen421

.... and used wedding boutique flavor.

Please can someone tell me what wedding boutique flavor is? It's not something we've heard of in the UK.

Thanks.

icon_smile.gif

Suzanne x

ddaigle Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 12:05pm
post #7 of 10

If you can't find the wedding bouquet...see if your store carries the french vanilla extract with the other ones. I sub that out for the vanilla and sub the french vanilla coffee creamer for my liquid. I always use heavy whipping cream as my liquid. Whatever liquid you use, just sub it out with liquid french vanilla coffee creamer.

patticakesnc Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 12:08pm
post #8 of 10

I actually use a little of the french vanilla pudding powder and add a little water to it to make it a thick consistency. I add that to my buttercream and it is wonderful!

q2wheels Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 12:22pm
post #9 of 10
CakePubGirl Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 5:29pm
post #10 of 10

If I were to do french vanilla i would get a hazelnut flavoring or syrup and blend it in, use a vanilla bean scrapings and vanilla extract. if your doing the coffee creamer wich sounds interesting I would sift it into the powder or whisk it into a small amount of milk or cream and get it wet before adding similar to a syrup. if it were me, I have actual hazelnuts, id find a way to incorporate or do a different version of icing steeping the nuts for their flavor but that can be a lengthy process... after all is said and done. id try a little hazelnut syrup from starbucks, its like 30 cents a shot, just get them to sell you a shot on the side, then add a little at a time! Im sure it'll taste great! icon_smile.gif good luck! thumbs_up.gif
mmm, i so want a "french vanilla latte" cupcake now! yum!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%