I Just Have To Share This Video!

Lounge By Younique_designs Updated 17 Jul 2010 , 11:34am by costumeczar

Younique_designs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Younique_designs Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 4:28am
post #1 of 23

I was watching Sharon's video on bc and was looking through some others and I found this one for a strawberry cake...

I just thought it was exceptionally hilarious and had to share!

22 replies
quietude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quietude Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 4:48am
post #2 of 23

That poor, poor, cake - what a mess!

cheriej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheriej Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 4:53am
post #3 of 23

Well I guess some people out there don't know how to make a box cake mix and use canned frosting. I particularly enjoyed her torting technique!

bobhope Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobhope Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 4:56am
post #4 of 23

sloppy!..she should tie her hair back..she keeps on touching her hair icon_eek.gif

Heather28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heather28 Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 4:59am
post #5 of 23

Oh good lord!

Younique_designs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Younique_designs Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 5:00am
post #6 of 23

Yes, the torting technique had me cracking up! I was just watching in amazement! I was like, did she actually just torte that cake in her hand? lol So funny! The music was fun too! Ice, Ice Baby! Love it! lol!

Margieluvstobake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Margieluvstobake Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 5:01am
post #7 of 23

I kept expecting it to be a joke at the end. Sadly, I don't think it was.

Jeep_girl816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeep_girl816 Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 5:12am
post #8 of 23

I think all the positive remarks must be her friends and fam icon_twisted.gif

sabre Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sabre Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 5:15am
post #9 of 23

oh, man! That was hideous!

KW_CupcakeLove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KW_CupcakeLove Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 5:21am
post #10 of 23

you sure can tell she gets her ideas from Sandra Lee!!! lol

Monirr04 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monirr04 Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 5:22am
post #11 of 23

Oh my goodness! My 12 yr old son was over my shoulder watching this and about fell over. He has watched me bake and decorate cakes and looked at me and said "Is this woman serious Mom? Can I tape you baking/decorating a cake and send it to her?"

tweeter_bug98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tweeter_bug98 Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 5:28am
post #12 of 23

YIKES! That was too funny!

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 5:48am
post #13 of 23

Seriously? icon_eek.gif The cake looked awful and that hair bothers me. I have hair longer than hers but you wouldn't catch me in the kitchen without it being in a ponytail. That's just nasty. Sadly this isn't the first "bad cake" video that I've seen on youtube. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 6:02am
post #14 of 23

This is it! A video for those customers!!! The ones who get mad at us and say. "OMG....$XXX for JUST a flipping cake!! Oh! I'll just do it myself."

funcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funcakes Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 11:21pm
post #15 of 23

I can't stop laughing.

Did anyone else read the credits at the end?

Her name was listed with the title Chef

and

there was another name listed as supporting actor?????????????? I didn't see anyone else, guess he had a really small part.

Can't decide if I liked the torting or the frosting best. I did love when she shouted "Done!" and on the left side there was no frosting at all.

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 1:05am
post #16 of 23

I am so glad that she showed me how to torte properly I guess I wasted my money on my Agbay!!

Out go the baking strips and the flower nails - hell who needs them when I can get a great level cake like that one. And no more Indydeb's or Sugar Shack BC - canned frosting from now on - much cheaper and a lot less work! You bet I can whip up that cake, bake, torte, fill and ice in an hour. No more hours of prep work for me!!

That hair was driving me nuts!

PiccoloChellie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PiccoloChellie Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 1:17am
post #17 of 23

I must admit, I like the idea of using strawberry nectar. I've not seen it in my local grocery stores but if I can find it at a specialty shop around here I'm totally going to try it. My OH looooooooovvves strawberry and I bet that would really take a strawberry cake up a few notches.
But, um, papaya nectar or whatever else she said doesn't seem like it would add much strawberry flavor. icon_confused.gif

The rest of the video kind of made me want to weep, though.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 2:16am
post #18 of 23

Ai-yi-yi...I love that they cut away really fast when she destroyed the top part of the layer she was trying to cut in half. It was taken away never to be seen again...

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 3:27am
post #19 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiccoloChellie

I must admit, I like the idea of using strawberry nectar. I've not seen it in my local grocery stores but if I can find it at a specialty shop around here I'm totally going to try it. My OH looooooooovvves strawberry and I bet that would really take a strawberry cake up a few notches.
But, um, papaya nectar or whatever else she said doesn't seem like it would add much strawberry flavor. icon_confused.gif

The rest of the video kind of made me want to weep, though.

If your grocery store has a Latin food aisle, check there for strawberry nectar. It might not be what you're imagining though, when we buy it, it's a thick, sugary drink that's only part fruit juice.

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 4:07am
post #20 of 23

wow... it does answer the question why people buy so many Wal-Mart cakes for dem fancee par-tays!

funcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funcakes Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 2:16pm
post #21 of 23

~instead of the strawberry nectar maybe you could use 1/4 of this, I would just reduce the sugar, or leave it out.

Ingredients:
4 cups strawberries, sliced
1 cup white sugar
8 cups cold water
1 lime, cut into 8 wedges (optional)
8 fresh mint sprigs (optional)
Directions:
1. In a medium bowl, mix together sliced strawberries, sugar, and 1 cup of water. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 4 hours. 2. Remove the strawberry mixture from the refrigerator and pour into a blender. Blend on high until smooth. Pour the blended berry mixture through a wire mesh strainer set over a large mixing bowl; discard the pulp and seeds. 3. Add the remaining 7 cups cold water to the pureed strawberries and mix well. Place the Aqua de Fresa in the refrigerator to chill for several hours or pour over ice and serve immediately. Garnish with lime slices or mint leaves. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2010 Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecipes.com 7/7/2010

nana_marta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nana_marta Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 1:21am
post #22 of 23

Well I came across this thread right after my DH told me the cake I just finished was " too busy and not my best work"( It was Dr. Seuss., it was susposed to be busy!) But after watching this I feel soooooooo much better! Thanks so much for posting this![/i]

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 11:34am
post #23 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana_marta

Well I came across this thread right after my DH told me the cake I just finished was " too busy and not my best work"( It was Dr. Seuss., it was susposed to be busy!) But after watching this I feel soooooooo much better! Thanks so much for posting this![/i]

Did you show your husband the video? Maybe it would give him a new appreciation of your cakes icon_twisted.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%