Dragees? To Use Or Not To Use?

Decorating By dguerrant Updated 15 Jul 2010 , 2:54am by dguerrant

dguerrant Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 2:11am
post #1 of 3

I have a cake coming up in 6 weeks and I need gold dragees. I have been searching for small chocolate filled ones and i can't find any anywhere. I have read regular dragees are consumable and others say they arent. That's why i want the chocolate filled ones. What are your experiences about the regular ones?

They have to be small. The cake has an intricate/delicate double latice design and at the intersections there is a pearl with a ring of dragees circling the pearl. The entire piece is about the size of the tip of your pinky finger.

Your guys are excellent resources and are so helpful with suggestions and links. Thank You so much for your help!!!!!!

2 replies
tesso Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 2:37am
post #2 of 3

I am a dragee junkie.. I love them on cakes. I do however, recommend telling the client to remove before serving.. due to potential dental accidents. icon_lol.gif I know you cant purchase them in CA, due to some kind of law.. but other states you are allowed. as long as they are for decoration only.

so use them, have fun, and remember to tell client to make sure they are removed before serving.. and PUT THAT IN YOUR CONTRACT...and have them inital or sign their name by that statement. You must protect yourself, no one else will.

dguerrant Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 2:54am
post #3 of 3

thanks so much for the info, and i love the tip of putting a clause in the contract icon_smile.gif thanks again!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%