Cake Supply Stores In Harrisonburg, Va.

Decorating By pood Updated 18 Jul 2010 , 7:16pm by cattycornercakes

pood Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 1:46am
post #1 of 16

I will be in Harrisonburg, Va. in a few weeks and would like to know if there are any good cake supply stores there?

15 replies
DDiva Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 1:53am
post #2 of 16

I was just there two weeks ago. There's only one and it's mainly a craft store, but they have a good selection of items other than Wilton. I can't remember the name, but it's outside Harrisonburg near the Massanutten Resort. If you put 'cake decorating supplies in Harrisonburg Va' in your search engine, it'll come up. Have fun!!

Joshua_Alan Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 4:09am
post #3 of 16

This is probably it:

http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Craft.House.Studio.Art.540-432-0695

Interesting. I grew up just outside of Harrisonburg, never thought someone would mention it on here. Small world!

DDiva Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 12:04pm
post #4 of 16

That's it!! I knew Craft was in the name, but didn't want to lead her in the wrong direction. Husband and I had to take a break from the craziness that has been our live for the past three months. We'd stayed at Massanutten a few years ago and liked the area. This was truly a R&R trip, but we did go Luray on Fourth of July!!

dchockeyguy Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 1:19pm
post #5 of 16

I'm shocked there's such a store there. But then again, there are a bunch of interseting stores in Harrsionburg.

cattycornercakes Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 1:31pm
post #6 of 16

Hey Joshua! I'm originally from Harrisonburg! I was suprised to see it in a thread subject too icon_lol.gif

Joshua_Alan Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 9:47pm
post #7 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by cattycornercakes

Hey Joshua! I'm originally from Harrisonburg! I was suprised to see it in a thread subject too icon_lol.gif

Wow! Small world indeed. I actually grew up in Weyers Cave and went to Ft. Defiance HS, and then JMU. Did you go to HHS?

cattycornercakes Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 9:56pm
post #8 of 16

No..I went to Turner Ashby. I lived on the outskirts if Harrisonburg on the west side and then in Dayton icon_smile.gif What year did you graduate?

Joshua_Alan Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 9:58pm
post #9 of 16

Ah okay. I almost went there, Mom and Dad bought a lot in a subdivision in Bridgewater but changed there mind later on. Dad's law office is in 'downtown' Bridgewater. I graduated in 94. I've got a lot of good friends who went to TA.

cattycornercakes Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 10:07pm
post #10 of 16

I graduated in 88 so we aren't too far apart. And now the "new" TA is basically in Bridgewater so I guess you would have went there if you had moved to Bridgewater. I probably wouldn't recognize "downtown" Bridgewater...but maybe it hasn't changed all that much since I've been there! Were you in sports or band? I was a band geek icon_lol.gif

Joshua_Alan Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 10:28pm
post #11 of 16

Football and chorus. Bridgewater has definitely grown up, but it's still not very big. More than one stop light and a couple fast food restaurants now though.

pood Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 10:40pm
post #12 of 16

My husband is from there and we are going there for his high school reunion. He attended Harrisonburg HS and I have heard him talk about Turner Ashby and Bridgewater! It is his 45th reunion! We have attended every reunion and I really like the area. Now we live right outside Knoxville, Tn. near the Great Smokey Mountains now.

cattycornercakes Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 11:30pm
post #13 of 16

what a small world! icon_biggrin.gif

I think we've hijacked this thread. I'm going to have to find that cake store next time I'm down in Harrisonburg!

Q-Squared Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 12:07am
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDiva

That's it!! I knew Craft was in the name, but didn't want to lead her in the wrong direction. Husband and I had to take a break from the craziness that has been our live for the past three months. We'd stayed at Massanutten a few years ago and liked the area. This was truly a R&R trip, but we did go Luray on Fourth of July!!

I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS! haha -- I just never thought I'd find this on CC. I grew up in Page County (not Luray, but same county). Also graduated from BC. =)

And just to let you all know, the Craft House is closed. =( It closed several months ago.

The only thing we have now is Michael's -- it's in the Harrisonburg Crossing Shopping Center (the big one with Walmart). Most of what they carry is Wilton. They've pick up Duff's line, and they are carrying a lot of the new Cake Cricut supplies.

There is a small kitchen supply store in the Dayton's Farmers Market which does carry Ateco supplies, but it's VERY limited. Are you looking for anything in particular? I can point you in the right direction, because I have both of these places memorized. LOL.

But that's about it, unfortunately. We have to order our supplies online around here!

Joshua_Alan Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 1:52am
post #15 of 16

Wow. Shenandoah Valley taking over the board! Did y'all ever go to Sunset Flowers and Pastry on High Street back in the day (It's closed now)? The owner is a great friend of the family and has become my cake mentor of sorts, always gives me tips and encouragement.

cattycornercakes Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 7:16pm
post #16 of 16

Hey Joshua! I remember Sunset Flower and Pastry. My mom said it had closed. Why did they close?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%