melmarie80 Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 9:22pm
post #1 of

I don't know what type of cake is best paired with Vanilla Bavarian Creme filling. I was going to make French Vanilla but then thought maybe Chocolate would be better. Anyone have any suggestions?

9 replies
tweeter_bug98 Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 9:47pm
post #2 of

Chocolate or French Vanilla would both be delicious options. Another off the wall option is pumpkin. Pumpkin and Bavarian Creme go very well together.

melmarie80 Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 9:50pm
post #3 of

Hmmm, never would have thought about pumpkin. I would love to try pumpkin but my youngest is allergic to it, so I will stay away from it on this occasion. icon_wink.gif

Ellie1985 Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 9:52pm
post #4 of

I make butter cake with choc. icing. Tastes like the custard filled donuts w/ choc. icing. Yum my favorite.

Elcee Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 1:25pm
post #5 of

A yellow cake with a chocolate frosting would be like a Boston Cream Pie. I've also paired it with a nutmeg cake and spice cake and both were very good.

melmarie80 Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 5:44pm
post #6 of

Thanks for the ideas. I haven't ever done Bavarian Creme for cake, so I wanted to make sure I was on the right track. Sometimes I think something will taste good together, but that doesn't mean they do.

graciesj Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 12:53pm
post #7 of

I've used BAVARiAN CREAM with both vanilla/chocolate cakes and it tastes great. I believe BAC goes with any cake flavor. It's flavor is mild enough to enhance any flavor cake. good luck and cannot wait to hear what you ended up makingicon_smile.gif

KristyCakes Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 5:14pm
post #8 of

My customers like orange cake with Bavarian.

PiccoloChellie Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 5:20pm
post #9 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by KristyCakes

My customers like orange cake with Bavarian.

Oooh, that sounds good!

I was also thinking a spice cake would be tasty. I love cinnamon & cream together.

kakeladi Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 5:39pm

As you can see for all the suggestions bav creme goes soooooooooo well with many, many cake flavorsicon_smile.gif I think I've used it in almost every flavor cake there is.
I had a customer who *always* insisted on white cake w/bav which I thought was soooo boring! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%