Diamond Impression On Buttercream Cake

Decorating By DeezTreatz Updated 15 Jul 2010 , 2:33am by mbark

DeezTreatz Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 5:35pm
post #1 of 5

Do you think it would be easier to make the diamond effect by hand on a buttercream cake? Or a with a impression mat? And how exactly do I do this?

I have never done this effect before, but am trying it next week. I also found the stencil.. but it looks like it could be tricky.. and there are no youtube videos!

4 replies
MommaDukes Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 10:46pm
post #2 of 5

go to sugaredproductions this is SugarShacks site. she shows you how to use the impression matt.
She makes it look easy but of course everything she does looks easy for her.
Good luck.

peg818 Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 10:48pm
post #3 of 5

You could do it either way. Just make sure to use a crusting butter cream. I did read an article years ago where they wrapped a ruler with viva paper towels to make the impressions, seem to work quite well.

I have used a diamond cutter to make impressions, and that worked quite well, but i was piping over it, doubt i would have been happy with it if i had just been leaving it plain.

DeezTreatz Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 2:19am
post #4 of 5

Thank you! I'll check it out... I might try by hand.. it can't be that hard! iee! lol

mbark Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 2:33am
post #5 of 5

I have seen pictures of diamond impression mats done on buttercream that looked awesome but all my tries have been hit or miss. Even with a crusting bc the icing pulls away in some spots. I will try the ruler w/a viva towel on it next time

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%