Please Help! My White Choc Ganache Is Not Firm!! How To Fix?

Decorating By MrsNancyB1 Updated 14 Jul 2010 , 10:00pm by GGFan

MrsNancyB1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsNancyB1 Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 3:07pm
post #1 of 7

I am now panicking in a frenzy. I made white choc ganache using a 3:1 ratio yesterday afternoon. It is now the next morning, and is still NOT FIRM!!

What is wrong here?? How can I fix this?? I currently have it in the fridge and will stir it every 20 minutes or so to see if it firms, although I have my doubts.

Is white choc ganache supposed to firm like chocolate ganache???

I don't know what to do, I really need some help with this one!!

6 replies
pumpkinroses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pumpkinroses Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 3:14pm
post #2 of 7

I made some over the weekend and had the same problem. I slowly added in more melted chocolate and that seemed to work. HTH

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 3:28pm
post #3 of 7

I have found, in general, that white chocolate doesn't firm up as nicely as regular chocolate ganache. I would add more melted chocolate in, much like pumpkinroses said.

MrsNancyB1 Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 6:55pm
post #4 of 7

Thank you.
I have now added two more packs of 12oz white chips. Now my ratio is up to 4:1. It is STILL not firm...I have no idea why?????????

I guess I'll just have to use it, and pretend it's buttercream. No way I'm throwing it out, as there's now almost $30 worth of white chips in it.

Seriously, WTH.

Iggy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iggy Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 7:10pm
post #5 of 7

Is it hot where you live? Did you refrigerate it to cool it? Try that. It should thicken. HTH

MrsNancyB1 Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 9:42pm
post #6 of 7

It is over 100F right now where I live, but we are running the AC in the house so it's much cooler inside.

It seems to be doing a *bit* better now. I'll just have to leave it overnight and see. *sigh* I lost a decorating day now. Now I'll be up all night Friday. thumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gif

GGFan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GGFan Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 10:00pm
post #7 of 7

Have you try put in the fridge until it firm up? I did this once and I put it in the fridge covered then take it out the next day so it could come up to room temp. Then I whipped it and use as buttercream to put on my cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%