Does Anyone Know Of A Website Selling Refurbished Mixers?

Decorating By jessicawells Updated 16 Jul 2010 , 6:35pm by mommybaker602

jessicawells Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessicawells Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 7:09pm
post #1 of 12

I thought that there was a website that sold new and refurbished Kitchenaid mixers at better prices, but I can't remember the website. Does anyone know what I am talking about? Country Kitchens?

11 replies
quietude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quietude Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 7:21pm
post #2 of 12

Bump...I'd like to know as well.

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 7:25pm
post #3 of 12

Kitchenaid has their own Outlet Store with refurbished mixers. Here's the link:

http://www.shopkitchenaid.com/sub_category.asp?HDR=OUTLET&CAT=outletrefurb

...or just try an eBay reseller.

tweeter_bug98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tweeter_bug98 Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 7:32pm
post #4 of 12
jessicawells Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessicawells Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 8:13pm
post #5 of 12

Thank you very much!!

SandDancr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandDancr Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 8:50pm
post #6 of 12

I just bought a new Aritisan by KA at amazon...for half price. If you decide to do that...make sure you don't buy it from one of their vendors as KA won't honor the warranty if they are not an authorized dealer.

I went to look but I see the price has gone up to $257 for the red... and 248 for other colors.

http://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-Kitchen-Housewares/b/ref=amb_link_4837332_4?ie=UTF8&node=297571&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=top-1&pf_rd_r=0GDQAVZ3E67JV43VPQX6&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=302908801&pf_rd_i=kitchenaid%20mixer

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 8:59pm
post #7 of 12

A better bet is to check out resturant auction sites in your area. Often they are going out of business and auction off all of their appliances and cookware. I have found some amazing deals by subscribing on multiple sites for an update should a resturant close within, like, 50 miles of my city.

I bought a good set of mixing bowls for $3.00, stemware and have seen lots of industrial mixers on these sites. Try googling restrurant auction and sign up for notifications in your area. You do not have to be licensed and all auctions are open to the public. Hope this helps!

Lisa (Lorianna)

Occther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Occther Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 10:43pm
post #8 of 12

Where do you live, Jessicawells? Kitchen Aid is having a sidewalk sale this weekend (Annie Oakley days in Greenville, Ohio.)

Jeep_girl816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeep_girl816 Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 10:58pm
post #9 of 12

eBay is always a good place to look.

Bakingangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakingangel Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 11:17pm
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriana

A better bet is to check out resturant auction sites in your area. Often they are going out of business and auction off all of their appliances and cookware. I have found some amazing deals by subscribing on multiple sites for an update should a resturant close within, like, 50 miles of my city.

I bought a good set of mixing bowls for $3.00, stemware and have seen lots of industrial mixers on these sites. Try googling restrurant auction and sign up for notifications in your area. You do not have to be licensed and all auctions are open to the public. Hope this helps!

Lisa (Lorianna)

Lisa -- So how does that work? Do you get to preview up close the items before the auction begins? Is there usually a big crowd? Would like to go sometime but a little shy.

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 12:54am
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakingangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by loriana

Lisa (Lorianna)

Lisa -- So how does that work? Do you get to preview up close the items before the auction begins? Is there usually a big crowd? Would like to go sometime but a little shy.

It is all online. Nice, huh? icon_smile.gif You basically set up an account with an auction house, once they have an online auction for a nearby resturant. They will approve your membership if you enter a billing name and a credit card. Sometimes they charge $1.00 on your card to verify it is a real account. When you are ready to place a bid ou can keep track of where ou stand on the bid the same as Ebay. You can be outbid, etc.. or better yet, wait until the auction is about to close and bid on an item if it is in your price range still.If you win, you pay by credit card and pick the item up in a nearby warehouse or the closed resturant on a specific date and time. That is usually the closing day and lots of buyers will be there picking up stainless steel tables down to the signs on the front of the store. So, the only thing you need to do in person is pick up an item if you win it.

Note: you can also browse out-of-town auctions and still bid. If you win, they will give you a shipping cost (usually frieight for large items) and you pay by credit card. I know people who have sucessfully done this when starting up a business and got some great deals. On a local, used stainless steel workstation, buying them online at an auction for $10 a piece instead of $80-100. Freight is worth it if you have enough items to make it worthwhile... Hope this helps!

mommybaker602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommybaker602 Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 6:35pm
post #12 of 12

Also try Overstock.com. There were a bunch of mixers on there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%