Crazy Bridezilla...what Went Wrong?!....customers Gone Wild!

Decorating By Babarooskie Updated 14 Jul 2010 , 2:25pm by TexasSugar

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 3:03am
post #31 of 45

Personally, I've found that this site has turned into more of a drama site than a cake forum. Maybe it's the people who like drama who've stuck around while the people who came here for cake gave up?

Of course, I could be wrong. I've logged in a total of about 5 times in the past year, so I don't know what goes on around here anymore... icon_sad.gif

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 3:34am
post #32 of 45

It takes all kinds of posts to make a site. You click on the ones that interest you, and you don't click on the ones that don't...pretty easy!

CC has always (and will continue) to be a wonderful source of information and comraderie.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 3:38am
post #33 of 45

If I'm ever bored I go through and look at all the "unanswered posts"....lots of questions there, and anyone with spare time can go through and answer them, and avoid any drama they prefer to avoid.

MessMaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MessMaker Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 4:01am
post #34 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasey

Everyone loves drama! icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

My amateur guess regarding the "usual" topics is that a large majority of members have seen that question over and over and over and are looking for more exciting things to read.

Which doesn't help the person who really needs an answer! But could explain why drama threads get more views.

Perhaps the person who really needs an answer should do a Search first. Just sayin'.

I agree with leah_s above statement of doing the search first, but I must honestly state that earlier i tried to use the search function to read up a topic on Ganache, that i read on an few days ago, i spent hrs going through the forum so i wouldn't be asking the same "old" questions..

I search "Ganache" it brings up results in Gallery, recipe, and forum. Im thinking " ok now i dont have to search page by page" i click on a topic that looks like it will fit my needs.

I click it and wait.... wait.... still waiting... Finally it pops up "ERROR 404 PAGE NOT FOUND"

Im thinking "its probably just my computer" so i try again...I go back, search "Ganache" again, click related topic...

Immediately "ERROR 404 PAGE NOT FOUND" pops up, and it did that on every thing i searched for that wasn't a picture or recipe.

Just thought i would let yall in on my "SEARCHING EXPERIENCE"

PiccoloChellie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PiccoloChellie Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 4:30am
post #35 of 45

MessMaker, don't use the search link in the tabs at the very top. Use the search link that appears to the right of "my account" when you're viewing the forums.

Here's the link to the better search:
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-forums-search.html

That should make things a little easier for you when searching. icon_smile.gif

kjxoxo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjxoxo1 Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 5:52am
post #36 of 45

I agree!! I needed a milk chocolate cake recipe and received zero responses. Maybe I should have put the topic something like Mad Chocolate cake? Or Crazy Cake. Lololololol. Just joking!!!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 5:55am
post #37 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiccoloChellie

MessMaker, don't use the search link in the tabs at the very top. Use the search link that appears to the right of "my account" when you're viewing the forums.

Exactly. I never have a problem finding exactly what I need anytime I search.

here's a thread where I give search tips on how to format for better results (page 3 ..... 5th post from the bottom of the page):
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=682417&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=30

MessMaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MessMaker Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 6:26am
post #38 of 45

Thanks, as I didnt know/ never paid attention for other search options on CC.. I will keep it in mind always.

dm321 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dm321 Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 6:42am
post #39 of 45

Darn... I really thought I was going to get a ~ super-bad, drama-filled, off-the-deep-end, go-go-bridzilla ~ story here... Oh, well, better luck next time... icon_lol.gif ...Sorry, couldn't help myself! icon_wink.gif

I see both sides.. As a newer member, I often have a hard time finding answers that I just know are already here somewhere (and more than once!). However, it is pretty frustrating to see (so often) posts like, "how do you make buttercream?" or "how much should I charge for this cake?" or "cake, what's that?"

OK, so I hope I haven't offended anyone with that. and, yes, I'm sure I will have many more of my own "stupid" quesions to come. Here's lookin' forward to that! icon_rolleyes.gif

thanks for all the help & inspiration!
~diem

pumpkinroses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pumpkinroses Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 9:50am
post #40 of 45

Thanks for the link indydebi, while I was using the and feature when trying to search, I did not know the "and" had to capitalized. No wonder I was still having problems. Although it never dawned on my while searching for a answer about cakes to search for an answer on how to search.

Chasey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chasey Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 12:06pm
post #41 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinroses

Although it never dawned on me while searching for a answer about cakes to search for an answer on how to search.

icon_lol.gif

I totally agree with the "they should do a search" comment and I think we've beaten a dead horse here about how unfriendly the search feature appears to be for the common question answer seekers.

It would be great to have the "how to search CC" thread stickied in the General forum. *Maybe* that would help.

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 1:03pm
post #42 of 45

Here's how important sharing the wacky/quirky/dramatic/maddening stories on here are:

My husband has never had to endure dinner while I drone on and on about a pricing thread.....but let me read a good bridezilla before dinner and he's rolling his eyes and pfffft'ing with me by the time I serve the salad!

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 1:49pm
post #43 of 45

My thought on this is that it's smack-dab in the middle of wedding season, so the hot topic is going to be those God-awful stories that people are currently experiencing. You rarely get the bridezilla stories in December, January, etc. That's when you get those crazy people wanting all kinds of cookies and other desserts for rock-bottom prices. icon_wink.gif

I just think bridezilla stories on CC are the reason for this season!

psychmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psychmom Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 2:19pm
post #44 of 45

I appreciate the tips on how to search more effectively on CC. It is frustrating to search, know that what you are looking for is out there some where but can't find it.
Usually people here are extremely helpful even if its a question thats been asked over and over - I appreciate that. icon_smile.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 2:25pm
post #45 of 45

You can also go to google.com type in what you want to seach and add cake central to the end of it and it will pull up posts from here.

I personally don't have problems searching using the link not the tab, but some do, so google is another option. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%