Freezing Edible Image Cookies?

Baking By tljkids Updated 13 Jul 2010 , 4:44pm by verono

tljkids Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 3:55pm
post #1 of 5

Hi-- I have frozen NFSC w/ RI cookies before - individually bagged- without any problems. Now, I need to make up the same cookie WITH an edible image and bag them indivually. Anyone done this without any problems? thanks..

4 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 3:59pm
post #2 of 5

I wouldn't with the edible images..Her's why..The ink is edible ink and smears really easy when a drop of water etc is put on it.When I have frozen cakes that have been airbrushed and then thawed them..the condensation coming up from the cake/cookie causes color droplets from the airbrushing ontop of the cake and I think it would do the same with and edible image.You could test one out.

Montrealconfections Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 4:13pm
post #3 of 5

The condensation issue worries me also if you must perhaps go from freezer to fridge them room temp to reduce the temperature changes. I'd do a test on 1 cookie to not ruin your batch.

icingimages Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 4:22pm
post #4 of 5

Actually, you can do it, just make sure that you do not keep the item covered when you remove it from the freezer. The condensation only causes the problems when it builds up on whatever is covering the baked good and then it drips on the image. A lot also depends on the type of icing sheet you are using when you do this.

verono Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 4:44pm
post #5 of 5

I've done it one time.. I've had left cookies and I've put them in the freezer. They were like 6 days "old" (but individually wrapped).
I've let them defrost at room temp indivually wrapped. No problem at all.
I use glace, frosting sheet and ink from kopykake. I'll have to try it again with a fresher cookie.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%